LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 1, 2012
Highlights this week include: the launch of the Italian E-Cat licensee
website with list of products; a 1 MW Hot-cat launch expected in February; E-Cat
EU patent rejected; Scientific American over-the-top negative LENR article.
Pure Energy Systems News
Once again, we bring you a compilation of various news items about the
various LENR companies since our October
Mainstream news sources are
indicated with the yellow highlight.
See also Cold Fusion Times.
- LENR Companies
- Rossi, Leonardo Corp - E-Cat
- Cold Fusion a year later
- Just over a year ago I wrote about something that was incredibly exciting: A commercial cold fusion power generation system. Assuming it worked as claimed, the cold fusion power generation system would herald huge changes in not only the energy industry, but pretty much every aspect of the global economy.
(Mark Gibbs, NetworkWorld;
October 26, 2012)
Forbes Article of Cold Fusion - Forbes columnist Mark
Gibbs has followed up his October 20th article about the recent
Defkalion GT reports with a new article entitled 'Cold Fusion
a Year Later'. It's a year now since Andrea Rossi carried
out his semi-public test on the 1 MW plant in Bologna, and in
this column Gibbs discusses how after,... (E-CatWorld;
October 27, 2012)
News" Speculation Thread [UPDATE: Don't expect news next week]
- Since we have not much to go on regarding the "big news" that
Andrea Rossi is teasing about, I thought it would be fun and
possibly informative to try and guess what Andrea Rossi might be
talking about when he says that after next week Leonardo Corp will
not be the same. One approach... (E-CatWorld; October 25,
- Resounding: revealed the catalyst for Rossi!
- Sensational! Revealed the secret of the secret catalyst E-Cat of Andrea Rossi!
With a lot of my smile and with the blessing of the same ing. Andrea Rossi make myself available to all of this preprint just arrivatomi from North America:
(22Passi; October 24, 2012)
- Hot Cat To Go Public
- There is exciting news on the Journal of Nuclear Physics. Andrea Rossi announced that the Hot Cat plant we have all been excited about will start operations in February of next year! This is great news, and comes on the heels of a busy and exciting autumn season for the E-Cat.
(ECatReport; November 1, 2012)
on the First Hot Cat - This is just a quick post to
follow up on the previous one. I was curious about where the
first 1 MW Hot Cat plant might be installed, so I asked Andrea
Rossi via email about it. Rossi had said that it would be made
in the United States, and I wondered if that meant it would be
installed... (E-CatWorld; November 1, 2012)
- E-Cat Hot Cat 1 MW in operation
beginning February 2013 - According to a Red Hot Cat 1 MW will be active for next February, although it is unknown the exact location of the future plant.
(GreenStyle.it; October 31, 2012)
First Hot Cat Plant to Start Operations in Feb 2013 -
Here's a comment from Andrea Rossi that I think deserves its
own thread. Yes, Leonardo Corp is very much powerful now. I can
already say that the first 1 MW hot cat will go in operation
within February 2013. It will not be a military application,
therefore selected persons will be allowed to visit... (E-CatWorld;
October 31, 2012)
- The Number of Modules in the E-Cat
- Dr. Joseph Fine is a frequent poster to the blog, and he recently asked Rossi how many E-Cat modules are used to build a 1 MW Hot Cat unit. His estimate was between 90 and 100 modules to form the full 1 MW unit.
(ECatReport; October 26, 2012)
- Natural Gas And The E-cat
- A few weeks ago, Andrea Rossi announced that the E-Cat LENR device could now be fueled by natural gas.
(ECatReport; October 30, 2012)
- Patent Examiner on Rossi's E-Cat
- Patent application of Andrea Rossi has been made public but documents associated with it remain unknown. It is therefore interesting to note that an application of e-cat patent has been published on October 19th showing a statement of the patent examiner related to the amount of information provided by Leonardo Corporation, the Italian inventor's US based company. Here is an excerpt of the statement
(ECatReport; October 30, 2012)
EU Patent Rejection Updated - Update As though
to head off any accusations about a cold fusion block at the EU
Patent Office, Piantelli has been informed that his patent will
be granted. This appears to have happened in August of this year
but it is interesting to note that Rossi's
- European Union Rejects ecat Patent Application
- The Patent Office of the European Union (EU) has reportedly rejected Andrea Rossi's patent application for his ecat low energy nuclear reaction (LENR) process. The ecatnews blog has posted a letter from the EU Patent Office to Rossi that Rossi's patent does not meet the requirements of the European Patent Convention.
(EnergyCatalyzer3; October 31, 2012)
Patent Report Publication Scheduled for Nov 21? [UPDATED -- EU
Examiner Dissatisfied] - Thanks to E-Cat World reader
Torbjφrn for bringing attention to the European Patent Register
report on Leonardo Corporation's "Method and Apparatus for
Carrying Out Nickel and Hydrogen Exothermal Reactions" patent
application. I am not familiar with how this patent application
process works, but there are entries in the status report that
indicate recent activity... (E-CatWorld; October 29, 2012)
- E-Cat: the patent application has been rejected?
- The international patent office would have found shortcomings in the application for the E-Cat Rossi, who remain only four months to remedy.
(GreenStyle.it October 29, 2012)
- Prometeon Goes Live
- Prometeon is the Italian licensee for Andrea Rossi's E-Cats and Hot Cats, and it has now gone live on the internet.
(ECatReport; November 1, 2012)
Prometeon is now marketing 5 different E-Cat products at its
website, and is developing the site in English as well as
Italian. The 5 products are:
- 1 MW electrical plant: produces up to 120 degrees C,
especially useful in areas where there is not gas supply.
Valuable for producing some of the most energy efficient
heat on the planet.
- 1 MW gas plant: This is the same plant mentioned above,
except it is capable of operating with gas power rather than
electricity. This plant offers even greater savings on
- Industrial E-Cat: to be marketed by summer of 2013. An
Electric Stand Alone unit that will produce surplus
electricity that will keep the E-Cat running in self
sustained mode, after the initial power up. This is
recommended for utility companies and industrial
- Hot Cat: The first one to be delivered in February of next
year. A 1MW plant capable of producing high temperatures and
producing electricity. Recommended for industrial and
- Thermal-Electric E-Cat: This plant is under development,
and will provide heat and electricity in industrial
- The acceleration of events is unstoppable
- We have just concluded (with a few hours in advance) the count down of the site of Prometeon Ltd - the exclusive licensee for Italy with the technology of Andrea Rossi E-Cat (Leonardo Corporation) - now finally operational and online in its entirety.
(22Passi; October 30, 2012)
SRL Launches Web Site, Offers E-Cat Products - The
countdown clock has finally expired, and now Prometeon SRL's
web site is live. Prometeon is the exclusive Italian licensee
for Leonardo Corporation's E-Cat products and is led by Aldo
Proia, CEO and commercial director. The site is of course in
Italian, but with the help of Google Translate some interesting
information is revealed.... (E-CatWorld; October 31, 2012)
- Leonardo Corp Staff
- Rossi informed poster Joseph A. that he has 27 engineers currently working on the E-Cat technology being developed in his labs. Some of the engineers involved work for the suppliers. He also said that about 70% of the work force lives in North America.
(ECatReport; October 29, 2012)
- New Plant On Its Way And Help For Children
- Stefano proposed to Rossi that while the military customer that has a working 1 MW plant may not be forthcoming with information, perhaps Rossi could donate a unit to a charity, and invite them to share their views on the usefulness of the unit
(ECatReport; October 27, 2012)
- E-Cat: online site where to order Prometeon
- Is online the official website of Aldo Proia, the Prometeon, the only Italian licensee for the E-Cat of Andrea Rossi.
(GreenStyle.it; October 31, 2012)
- Popular Science Article
- Pordeneone Conference
by Leonardo Corporation's Gianvico Pirazzini - Many
thanks to E-Cat World reader Renzo for providing the following
translation of remarks made at the recent E-Cat conference in
Pordeneone, Italy by Gianvico Pirazzini, an architect in
Bologna, and a member of Leonardo Corporation's team. We
English speakers are at a disadvantage in many ways with so much
important information coming from... (E-CatWorld; October
- Fleischmann Memorial Project, QuantumHeat.org
- EU Reactor Unboxing - The EU reactor arrived earlier in the week but had to wait until a lab room had been prepared for it before unboxing. In this video you can see the care that was taken to make sure its trip across the pond was successful. This is a trial run for when we are ready to ship second generation reactors around the globe in the event of successful internal Celani replications.
(LENRNews.eu; October 26, 2012)
- General Cold Fusion
- Sparks in nuclear science border
- The quantum jump is not the warm seas of the south to the mountain storms, brings us back to the theme of Cold Fusion / LENR in this October saw sparks almost nuclear, one of the great protagonists of modern theoretical physics. In view of the theoretical developments impressed by Giuliano Preparata at the end of the last century
(affaritaliani.libero.it; October 29, 2012)
- The Believers
- Scientific American Article
- Genie in a Bottle: The Case Against Cold Fusion
- It's starting to look like Debunking Week at the cocktail party. A couple of weeks ago, my SciAm Scibling Joanne Manaster alerted me to a new film called The Believers, detailing the cold fusion controversy.
I can't speak for the quality of the film, because I haven't seen it, but as someone who has covered physics for (*cough*) going on 20 years, I well remember the controversy, and have followed it off and on over the years.
October 29, 2012)
American Attacks Cold Fusion Research with Twenty-Year-Old Claims
- Scientific American has published a piece of typing on cold fusion
that would have founder Rufus Porter rolling in his grave with its
glaring, unsagacious bias. After twenty-three years of research
confirming the phenomenon, in-the-dark and over-40-somethings
continue to type (
) (ColdFusionNow; October 31, 2012)
on Cold Fusion in Scientific American - The newly released
Believers film has been mentioned already in Scientific American,
and now it has been followed up with a longer article by Jennifer
Ouellette titled "Genie in a Bottle: The Case Against Cold
Fusion", which provides a familiar critique. You don't have to
read too far to get an idea of what... (E-CatWorld; October 30,
BELIEVERS Chicago Screening of the New Cold Fusion Documentary
- Chicago Screening of The Believers from Eli Elliott on Vimeo. The
second premiere of the new Cold Fusion documentary, "The Believers"
took place on Saturday, Oct. 20th as part of the Chicago International
Film Festival. The night before, the film (
October 25, 2012)
- New Documentary Understates the Reality of Cold Fusion
- The documentary is ultra-cautious, and actually understates the
certainty that researchers now share about cold fusion. Whether
the phenomenon can be tamed and captured as a transformational new
technology remains to be seen; but the physical effect is now
undeniable. (OpEdNews; October 28, 2012)
the BBC Archive : Too Close to the Sun - Here's a very
interesting video which I have recently come across, but was created
back in 1994 for the BBC Horizons TV program. I found it to
be a surprisingly sympathetic treatment of the subject of Cold Fusion
created five years after the Fleischmann and Pons announcement at the
University of Utah, and it features... (E-CatWorld; October 28,
- Experiment Shows How Heat Moves
- A research team at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) has developed a novel system showing heat move by examining and measuring nanoscale thermal conductance at the interface between two materials.
(NewEnergyandFuel; October 29, 2012)
- Chapter 6: Opinions of Various Experts, Critics and Commentators on Cold Fusion
- n this way we are bombarded with a sea of ideas and viewpoints from which to draw information on news stories and topics of interest.
(ColdFusion3; October 28, 2012)
- How LENR will Improve Life for the Average Family
- The widespread utilization of Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) or cold fusion will significantly lower the cost of living for the average family. This of course will greatly improve the lifestyle of the average family.
(ColdFusion3; November 1, 2012)
- That justice is done:
Sylvie Coyaud sued for defamation? - Recently appeared in Ocasapiens blog ( here ) some excerpts of legal notices and warnings. Apparently the criminal complaint for defamation have started by prof. Alberto Carpinteri (which injured party) against Sylvie Coyaud (known by the pseudonym Ocasapiens), the Director pro tempore of the newspaper "La Repubblica-DWeb", directors of other newspapers, bloggers, etc..
(22Passi; November 1, 2012)
Warming Climate Change and Cold Fusion LENR Power - Hurricane
Sandy is Known as "Frankenstorm" The nickname reflects the fact that
this is an unnatural monster made by mankind. "History is being
written as an extreme weather event continues to unfold, one which will
occupy a place in the (
) (ColdFusionNow; October 29, 2012)
lectures, II - Did you ever wonder if Cold Fusion were real?
Just between you and me, of cause. Well this might add some balance to
your view. Tyler has created an honest to goodness Engineer's
perspective of the veracity of Lattice assisted Nuclear
Reactions which he (
) (ColdFusionNow; October 30, 2012)
# # #
What You Can Do
- Pass this on to your friends and favorite news sources.
- Click to Tweet:
- Subscribe to our E-Cat
- Let professionals in the renewable energy sector know about the promise of
- Subscribe to our general newsletter
to stay abreast of the latest, greatest developments in the free energy
- Help us manage the PESWiki
feature page on Rossi's technology.
PESN Coverage of LENR
For a more exhaustive listing, see News:Rossi_Cold_Fusion
Digest -- May 16, 2015 - Domestic heater E-Cat photo, long
self-sustain periods, size getting smaller (PESN)
Digest -- March 7, 2015 - photos of 1 MW E-Cat with 30,000 components;
rudimentary direct-to-elec. achieved (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Digest -- January 30, 2015 - New report by Alexander Parkhomov showing excess heat in E-Cat
LENR-to-Market Digest -- January 22, 2015 - McKubre reports on a variation of Rossi's 3rd party test in Lugano
A Late Night Speculative Raving From Hank Mills - (PESN; October
Andrea Rossi's E-Cat Devours Lockheed's Hypothetical Compact Fusion Reactor - (PESN; October
The Inconel Mouse of Andrea Rossi's E-Cat - (PESN; October
Hell Freezes Over: Brian Ahern's Doubts on E-Cat Test Resolved - (PESN; October
Leaked Second Paper With High Magnification of Rossi's Nickel Particles Brings Replication Closer - (PESN; October
Sterling Allan on Coast to Coast AM about E-Cat breakthrough - (PESN; October
Revealed The Four Horsemen of Andrea Rossi's E-CatLithium Iron Nickel
Hydrogen - (PESN; October 10, 2014)
Fuel Analysis and Validation Paper Posted October 8, 2014 - (PESWiki;
October 9, 2014)
Digest -- August 22, 2014 - Safety Certification Obtained for Low and High Temperature E-Cats
LENR-to-Market Digest -- April 9, 2014 - Rumblings about pending E-Cat test results
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- March 6, 2014 - Lattice Energy transmutation (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Digest -- February 20, 2014 - Rossi Hopes to Retrofit Coal Power Plants With
LENR-to-Market Digest -- February 5, 2014 - Nanors availability announced at Cold Fusion 101 at
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- January 30, 2014 - Industrial Heat acquires E-Cat
LENR to Market Digest, January 22, 2014
- Blacklight Power claims MW capability (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Digest -- January 6, 2014 - Cherokee identified as
Rossi's partner (PESN)