LENR-to-Market Weekly -- May 31, 2012
Highlights this week include: Brillouin closes on $2 mil. financing;
COP of E-Cat discussed; LENR compared to early Apple days; Impulse Devices Inc.
enters the scene with DOD financing for cavitation approach to LENR; hot and
cold fusion saga at MIT.
The first Apple Computer built by Steve Jobs
and friends in the garage; reminiscent of where LENR is today, making
nuclear energy distributed.
Pure Energy Systems News
Once again, we bring you a compilation of various news items about the
various LENR companies since our May
Mainstream news sources are
indicated with the yellow highlight.
See also Cold Fusion Times.
- LENR Companies
- Rossi, Leonardo Corp - E-Cat
- Personalized E-CAT thermal power promises a revolution in energy
(Original in Italian)
- Next year, the market can turn around 400 U.S. dollars in expensive thermal power of 10 kW, E-CAT generators for home users. E-CAT generators need gas, coal, oil or wood. Does this news is too good to become a reality?
May 27, 2012)
- Catalyzer Energy: energy revolution or hoax?
(Original in Italian)
- Year 1994: Lost in the University of Siena researchers observed a rather striking. It is a bar of nickel, maintained by means of an electrical resistance at a temperature of about 200-400 ° C and loaded with hydrogen through a particular process.
May 27, 2012)
Very High COP of the E-Cat - This is a guest post
written by Hank Mills Recently, there has been a lot of talk and
discussion about the COP of the E-Cat. The term COP stands for
coefficient of performance. Basically, it means how much power
you put in compared to how much you get out. With the E-Cat, you
are... (E-CatWorld; May 30, 2012)
Says E-Cat COP Fixed at 6 - Andrea Rossi has been
consistent in saying that his E-Cat systems have a Coefficient
of Performance (COP) of 6 — meaning that the total energy
output of an E-Cat is six times the amount of energy input. Many
of us have wondered whether this number is based upon Rossi’s
current design, and if it... (E-CatWorld; May 29, 2012)
E-Cat Power for Maximum COP - When thinking of an
electricity generating E-Cat with a COP of 6, it doesn’t take
long to start wondering about whether one E-Cat can power
another. If part of the electricity produced by an E-Cat can be
used to provide the drive that another E-Cat requires to
operate, with low cost nickel and hydrogen fuel you could be
looking... (E-CatWorld; May 30, 2012)
- 600 ºC
Reliable E-Cat Stability at 600C “Very Close” - It
seems that Andrea Rossi is focused on the tests of his new high
temperature E-Cat, and has provided a few interesting details in
response to questions on his JONP site. Here are some recent
Q&As on the topic. Q: Does it start with the same time of
the the “first” ecat or is... (E-CatWorld; May 25,
Implications of High Temperature E-Cat Technology - This
article is revised and adapted from one published here on May 3,
2011. The implications of working power plants producing high
temperature steam are tremendous. Energy problems seem to be at
the root of so many of the economic, environmental, and
political difficulties we are facing at the moment, and it
appears that... (E-CatWorld; May 27, 2012)
- If E-cat Works, Will Anyone Know?
- According to Andrea Rossi, the first E-Cat power plant is up and running for an unnamed military concern, and another is being manufactured for an unnamed European customer. There is also, reportedly, a factory in the U.S. that is manufacturing the E-Cat units. Rossi has decided not to build a factory in Italy because of criticism from some members of that government, and the factory in Sweden is still not confirmed.
(EcatGuide; May 26, 2012)
“Important News” Coming Within Week - Andrea Rossi has
got the attention of E-Cat watchers with a short statement
yesterday: “Within a week we will have important news regarding
the high temperature reactors.” With a statement like this there
is lots of room for speculation, but based on what Rossi has been
saying lately, my guess is that the news... (E-CatWorld; May
28, 2012) (And ecatreport.com
Is Funding Rossi? - [With no evidence provided, speculates
that...] The possibility arises that perhaps he Saudis are the ones
who have invested in Rossi’s ideas to the point where they now own
controlling interest. (ECatReport; May 30, 2012)
- Andrea Rossi deserves a Nobel
- After the sortie of the engineer from Bologna, the world came out into the open many new energy solutions that are suspected of being kept in the ice with those in power the world.
(Iltamtam.it; May 26, 2012)
- Defkalion - Hyperion
- Nothing new this week - maybe next week. -- Sterling
- Closed on $2 million financing, starting SRI contract middle of June.
-- Robert W. George II, by phone to Sterling, May 31, 2012
- Blacklight Power
- BlackLight Power: cheap electricity from water vapor
- But [these are not the] only LENR reactors that are arising in the wake of that of Rossi, there are also projects which are based on different theories. Among them, raises a stir these days, the process CIHT (Catalyst-Induced-Hydrino-Transition) proposed by BlackLight Power.
(GreenStyle.it; May 25, 2012)
- Mitch Swartz, NANOR
- Hot and Cold Fusion at
MIT - This is an action initiated by Contributor Gregory Goble,
poet and clean energy advocate. He felt pity for the hot fusioneers who
have lost their largesse due to budget cuts, and who might now consider
taking help from their poor ole cousins in the cold fusion community who have the ability to save their programs by providing clean, affordable power to probe plasma science. Ironic, huh?
(ColdFusionNow; May 30, 2012)
- Impulse Devices Inc.
- General Cold Fusion
- NASA Video
- New Video Indicates that NASA is Serious about LENR
- NASA the US Space Agency has released a new video that reveals a lot more about its Low Energy Nuclear Reactions research. Like the video released in January this one shows NASA scientist Joseph M. Zawodny PhD discussing his LENR research. The video is called NASA LaRC Abundant Clean/Green Energy. Interestingly enough NASA doesn’t say what LaRC stands for.
(EnergyCatalyzer3; May 26, 2012)
- NASA thinks that LENR Powered Airplanes are Possible
- Some of the scientists at NASA’s Langley Research Center think that it could be possible to build aircraft powered by low energy nuclear reactions. Langley’s Chief Scientist Dennis Bushnell mentioned the possibly of hyper sonic transports (next generation airliners) and “neighbor-friendly personal fly-drive air vehicles” (flying cars) powered by LENR in a recent blog post.
(EnergyCatalyzer3; May 28, 2012)
- LENR, realism and perspective ...
- Shows reprint of NASA article by Dennis Bushnell. (22Passi;
May 29, 2012)
- The Peak Oil Crisis: The Edisonian Approach
- While waiting to see if Greece leaves the Eurozone, Spain collapses, and the Iranians can get their act together, it is a good time to discuss some of the recent developments on the Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR) front.
May 30 2012)
- Patenting Cold Fusion
technology – Navigating Patent Office Classification – Part 1
- The following is a further posting in a series of articles by
David French, a patent attorney with 35 years experience, which will
review issues of interest touching on the field of Cold Fusion.
Following the April 23, 2012 posting (…) (ColdFusionNow; May
- What if? - Peter Gluck, a long-time researcher in cold fusion/LANR/LENR and contributor to the first issue of Infinite Energy magaizine with his “Why Technology First”, asked a simple question: What if twenty-three years ago, the scientific authorities moved to fully investigate and develop cold fusion technology?
(ColdFusionNow; May 30, 2012)
- Current LENR Industry Reminiscent of Early Days of Computer Industry in Silicon Valley
- A number of observers have noted that the current low energy nuclear reaction or cold fusion industry is reminiscent of the early days of the modern computer industry. These observers are right there are serious parallels between today’s LENR business and the computer business back in the 1970s.
(ColdFusion3; May 24, 2012)
- US Electricity Shortage and Sky High Utility Bills Possible LENR could be the Solution
- Evidence seems to indicate that the United States and Canada could soon be facing an electricity shortage like those already plaguing India, Pakistan, Japan and Chile.
(ColdFusion3; May 30, 2012)
- Impression or reality? certainly the first, but
... [Google conspiracy?] - It will certainly be a wrong impression, but this morning Google responds very differently to requests for news from around the "world" of Cold Fusion - Low Energy Nuclear Reaction - E-Cat and the like.
(22Passi; May 31, 2012)
# # #
What You Can Do
- Pass this on to your friends and favorite news sources.
- Click to Tweet: https://clicktotweet.com/0boTY
- Subscribe to our E-Cat
- Let professionals in the renewable energy sector know about the promise of
- Subscribe to our general newsletter
to stay abreast of the latest, greatest developments in the free energy
PESN Coverage of E-Cat
For a more exhaustive listing, see News:Rossi_Cold_Fusion
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 22, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 15, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 8, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 1, 2012
Weekly -- October 25, 2012
Weekly -- October 18, 2012
Andrea Rossi's Black Box -- by Popular Science (PESN; October 16,
Penon High-Temperature E-Cat Test Results Posted (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- October 11, 2012 (PESN)
Weekly -- October 4, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 27, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 20, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 13, 2012 (PESN)
2012 E-Cat Conference Report: 1 MW E-Cat Ready (PESN; September
September 9: Andrea Rossi Q&A, Panel Discussion, Interview
Gives Third-Party Test Results from Hot Cat
Weekly -- September 6, 2012 (PESN; September 6, 2012)
E-Cat Conference in Zurich (PESWiki;
August 31, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 30, 2012 (PESN)
A Barrel of a Hundred High Temperature E-Cats (PESN;
August 30, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 23, 2012 (PESN)
Existence of 1,200C E-Cat Test Report Confirmed (PESN;
August 22, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 16, 2012 (PESN)
about Hot Cat Test Data Leaker (PESN;
August 13, 2012)
Stunning Third Party E-Cat Test Report Details Leaked During NIWeek (PESN;
August 11, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 9, 2012 (PESN)
Mainstream Coverage of Fleischmann's Death Mentions Nothing of Technology Nearing Marketplace (PESN;
August 8, 2012)