LENR-to-Market Weekly -- May 17, 2012
Given the magnitude of the recent disclosures about the E-Cat, I've
decided to move them back into #1 position in our Top 5 Exotic Free Energy
Technologies listing, influence by the report that their first 1 MW plant sold
is now in full operation. Defkalion delays further their 3rd party test results
Pure Energy Systems News
Once again, we bring you a compilation of various news items about the
various LENR companies since our May
See also Cold Fusion Times
- LENR Companies
- Rossi, Leonardo Corp - E-Cat
update from Andrea Rossi and ECAT.com in May - ECAT
Licensees Leonardo Corp have a number of Licensees for its products
for various regions around the world including its northern Europe
Licensee Hydro Fusion Ltd, which also attended the E-Cat 1MW October
test. All E-Cat Licensees have attended demos (ECat; May 14,
Leonardo Corp have a number of Licensees for its products
for various regions around the world including its northern
Europe Licensee Hydro
Fusion Ltd, which also attended the E-Cat 1MW October
test. All E-Cat Licensees have attended demos of operating
A convention will be held for all E-Cat Licensees and is
set for October. An official list of all licensees will then
be published online here at ECAT.com.
ECAT 1 MW Updates
1 MW plant has been delivered and is working in a military
facility. Andrea Rossi recently made the following statement:
“The 1 MW plant has been delivered and is working in a
military concern. It has been made in the USA, after the
October test of the prototype made in Italy; such prototype
will be delivered, with the modifications which we will
complete based on what we learnt from the model at work, to
a European Customer in July. ”
- The ECAT 1 MW plant in USA is now stable at very high
- The industrial plants will get the necessary
certification within weeks.
- The price for an E-Cat 1 MW plant is still $1.5M;
orders can be made from the inquiry form on the right side
at this website.
ECAT Home Updates
The development of the ECAT
Home unit is progressing according to plan. An important
temperature stability has been achieved in the E-Cat home unit
development. The safety issues related to the E-Cat home unit
running at very high temperatures are now in progress.
The certification progress is well underway and Leonardo
Corp is working closely with an independent safety authority
to minimize the time to certification. Leonardo Corp is now
awaiting the exact requirements related to a rapid emergency
shut-off system for the E-Cat home unit.
If you want to use the E-Cat like a standalone independent
heating unit, you will need to connect it to a radiator
through a circuit. This must be done by a professional
installer, for safety reasons.
The instruction manual for the E-Cat will be developed
according to specifications from the independent safety
authority and will be published on ECAT.com.
The final cost of the home device will be set after
certifications are acquired.
To pre-order an ECAT Home unit just fill in the ECAT
inquiry form to the right.
ECAT Technology Updates
Leonardo Corp and Andrea Rossi is currently working on a
new reactor type with specifications far better than the
previous versions of E-Cat. The canonical improvement is that
the new E-Cat is now working stably at much higher
temperatures than previously achieved. These temperatures
allows for a vast number of electricity solutions at 40%+
gross heat-to-power efficiencies and 25%+ net efficiencies
taking into account the power used by the process. The design
allows for merely any heat transferring media including
water/steam, heat-transferring-oils, molten salts but also hot
The high temperature E-Cat reactor currently in test also
opens up for applications with Stirling
Engines. The new reactor is smaller in size and has a
charge of 1.5 grams and more shielding than the original
reactor. The new progress also gives the possibility to
increase the COP for industrial applications.
Currently a one month long E-Cat test is in progress as
part of the new development process. Stay tuned to ECAT.com
for the latest developments.
Josephson on Meeting With Andrea Rossi - With permission I
am posting a report written by Brian Josephson, retired professor of
physics at Cambridge University, and 1973 Nobel prize winner for
physics. Dr. Josephson recently met with Andrea Rossi in Miami. By
chance I was in Miami recently and took the opportunity to arrange a
meeting with Andrea Rossi. Although I... (E-CatWorld; May 14,
- Josephson Reveals Discussion with Rossi
- Nobel Prize winning physicist and retired Cambridge professor Brian Josephson has apparently met with Andrea Rossi the inventor of the ecat low energy nuclear reaction device. The E-cat World blog has posted what is apparently a letter from Josephson.
(EnergyCatalyzer3; May 10, 2012)
- Rossi says he will Reveal Ecat Licensees and hold Convention in October claims to be working on New Reactor
- Andrea Rossi said he will reveal the companies and individuals he has licensed his ecat low nickel hydrogen energy nuclear reaction technology to in October. He also said he is working a new reactor and planning a possible ecat convention in October. What the convention is or where it will be held has not been revealed yet. Last year Rossi unveiled a prototype ecat in October.
(EnergyCatalyzer3; May 10, 2012)
World Exclusive Interview with Andrea Rossi, May 12, 2012 -
I had the opportunity to speak with Andrea Rossi via Skype, on
Saturday, May 12, 2012. Below is a transcript of the interview, and
at the bottom of the page links to the three mp3 audio files on
which the interview were recorded. (E-CatWorld; May 14,
and Rossi Stir - Kudos to my good friend, Frank at e-catworld
for his interview with Andrea Rossi. It is well worth your time.
After a period of relative silence from both major players in
the game, Defkalion also made an appearance in the shape of a
‘progress’ pdf. As interesting… (ECatNews; May 14,
- Is E-Cat Technology Exotic Energy?
- A new trust has been launched in Salt Lake City, UT. This trust has its own website dedicated to promotion of “cutting-edge, clean energy technologies”. The trust has been developed for the purpose of promoting the top 5 “exotic energies” being researched today. Among these technologies is LENR, also (partially) known as cold fusion.
(ECatReport; May 15, 2012)
Reversal: No E-Cat Plant for Italy - Just a day or so after
stating that Leonardo Corp. would be be building E-Cats in Italy,
Andrea Rossi changed his mind. The reason behind the reversal: a
statement by an Italian official in response to a question raised in
the Italian parliament about Low Energy Nuclear Reaction as a
potential energy solution. A... (E-CatWorld; May 15, 2012)
- Importance of the work done so far:
Eng. Andrea Rossi - I want to reiterate, if not clear, consider the crucial work done so far by Eng. Andrea Rossi, without your personal initiative and a great selection of "take stock and barrel" and go to America, we would not be here talking about it and believe that something positive can happen.
(22Passi; May 17, 2012)
Gold - Story about transmutation, and the H-Ni --> Cu
process in the E-Cat, among other alchemical claims (grenswetenschap.nl;
May 17, 2012)
- Cold fusion: the E-Cat Rossi persecuted by Italian lobby?
- Rossi leaves Italy and produce E-cat U.S. alone, at least the first year: this you already knew. What was unclear was why: it seems that our country just do not believe him, as is alleged by a Secretary of State's response to Claudio De Vincenti ' parliamentary question...
(GreenMe.it; May 17, 2012)
- Back in #1 Spot in Top 5 Free Energy Technologies Listing -
Given the magnitude of recent developments / disclosures regarding
the E-Cat, I've restored them to the top spot in our Top 5 listing.
The primary reason I had moved them off the top to a position low in
runners up was because of what appeared to be a poor ability to work
as a team and take reasonable input from colleagues, thus
drastically reducing the possibility of achieving the projected
objectives. But recent developments indicate major accomplishments
that could only happen if a spirit of teamwork is in play. The
report of the 1 MW plant sold to the first customer finally being in
operation, weighed heavily in this rise in position as well; as did
the report of longevity testing being under way. -- Sterling
- Defkalion - Hyperion
- Slideshow Reveals Defkalion’s LENR Testing and Construction
- Defkalion Green Technologies has released a slide show of pictures of laboratory and construction work at its facility in Xanthi in Northern Greece. The pictures released include several of its Hyperion Low Energy Nuclear Reaction device, shots of the screens of computers monitoring LENR tests and some images of new laboratories under construction.
(ColdFusion3; May 12, 2012)
- Sterling's Assessment: A group Defkalion is working with wants
them to postpone posting data from their tests until August when there
is a big conference where they will be making a presentation. The
scuttlebutt is that while the third party test results have been
positive, there have been indications of instability and inconsistency
between tests, which doesn't speak well for production readiness.
They're still on track as a leader, but not in first position any more.
In my opinion, the long delay in posting those test results which were
supposed to be forthcoming even as early as during the testing, contrary
to their promised early release, is a significant setback.
- NanoSpire, Inc.
- Former Lockheed scientist claims he created a diamond out of ordinary water
- Ever thought about conducting a futuristic energy experiment in your garage? What if the unthinkable happens– a serious release of radiation occurs which you report to local, state, and federal authorities? You will likely be ignored.
Consider the desktop supernova device claimed to have been invented by Mark LeClair, a former Lockheed scientist, and his company, NanoSpire.
(PieEconomics; May 17, 2012)
- (Brief mention in some of these articles)
- Chunking along; getting close to point where we can get working at
SRI, probably middle next month. Money starting to come in. Started
design work on next-generation boiler and dry gas system. -- (from brief
phone call with Robert Godes, CEO)
- George Miley, Lenuco
- Mitch Swartz
Visit to MIT - Many thanks to Barry Simon for submitting this
report of his visit to MIT to meet Dr. Peter Hagelstein and view Dr.
Mitchell Swartz’s NANOR LENR device. Hi all, I went to MIT yesterday.
My wife and I were scheduled to play music at a spring fair at the
college. I sent Peter Hagelstein... (E-CatWorld; May 12, 2012)
World Reader Visits MIT to See LENR NANOR Device - Thanks to
E-Cat World reader ‘Barry’ for taking the time and trouble to visit
MIT yesterday to talk with Dr. Peter Hagelstein and view Dr. Mitchell
Swartz’s LENR NANOR device. Here is a brief preliminary report he made
as a comment on a previous thread. Hi all, Off the subject. I Went to
MIT yesterday. Peter Hagelstein is a... (E-CatWorld; May 11, 2012)
- General Cold Fusion
Cold Fusion” — The American Chemical Society covers LENR -
The most recent issue of the American Chemical Society’s Chemical and
Engineering News magazine includes an article entitled, “Reviving Cold
Fusion.” written by Steven K. Ritter. The brief summary reads,
“After 20-plus years of outcast status, unconventional heat-producing
nuclear reactions still seem plausible”. The ACS does not permit its
publications to be published for... (E-CatWorld; May 16, 2012)
- Low Energy Nuclear Reaction could help Prevent Food and Water Shortages
- Food has always been one of humanity’s biggest concerns and some very knowledgeable individuals including billionaire and investment icon Jim Rogers have predicted a global food shortage. Other experts have predicted a looming global water shortage that could make many cities uninhabitable. Well there are two ways that low energy nuclear reaction devices such as the ecat could help alleviate that food shortage and prevent water shortages.
(ColdFusion3; May 16, 2012)
- Talking Points for
Politicians - Here’s a file I will be sending out to political
candidates from multiple parties. You can send this to your legislators,
too. Give copies to your friends and acquaintances as well. Or, be
really bold and go out and hand (ColdFusionNow; May 17, 2012)
- Major Peak Oil figure
leaves Collapse-mind to help “birth new paradigm”; is cold fusion
next? - Former Los Angeles, California police officer turned
Uber-Doomer Michael C. Ruppert is leaving Collapsenet, the organization
he helmed that was developed as a response to Peak Oil. [visit] Named
after his book Confronting Collapse and the documentary movie Collapse
that (…) (ColdFusionNow; May 12, 2012)
# # #
What You Can Do
- Pass this on to your friends and favorite news sources.
- Click to Tweet: https://clicktotweet.com/XcNad
- Subscribe to our E-Cat
- Let professionals in the renewable energy sector know about the promise of
- Subscribe to our general newsletter
to stay abreast of the latest, greatest developments in the free energy
- Help us manage the PESWiki
feature page on Rossi's technology.
PESN Coverage of E-Cat
For a more exhaustive listing, see News:Rossi_Cold_Fusion
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 22, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 15, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 8, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 1, 2012
Weekly -- October 25, 2012
Weekly -- October 18, 2012
Andrea Rossi's Black Box -- by Popular Science (PESN; October 16,
Penon High-Temperature E-Cat Test Results Posted (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- October 11, 2012 (PESN)
Weekly -- October 4, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 27, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 20, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 13, 2012 (PESN)
2012 E-Cat Conference Report: 1 MW E-Cat Ready (PESN; September
September 9: Andrea Rossi Q&A, Panel Discussion, Interview
Gives Third-Party Test Results from Hot Cat
Weekly -- September 6, 2012 (PESN; September 6, 2012)
E-Cat Conference in Zurich (PESWiki;
August 31, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 30, 2012 (PESN)
A Barrel of a Hundred High Temperature E-Cats (PESN;
August 30, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 23, 2012 (PESN)
Existence of 1,200C E-Cat Test Report Confirmed (PESN;
August 22, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 16, 2012 (PESN)
about Hot Cat Test Data Leaker (PESN;
August 13, 2012)
Stunning Third Party E-Cat Test Report Details Leaked During NIWeek (PESN;
August 11, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 9, 2012 (PESN)
Mainstream Coverage of Fleischmann's Death Mentions Nothing of Technology Nearing Marketplace (PESN;
August 8, 2012)