1 MW E-Cat system, concept image at ECat.
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- May 3, 2012
Highlights this week include Falls Church News Press article on
Brillouin's LENR concepts; ECat.com April update; West Coast Truth interview
with Rossi; candidate Kerrey's ties to cold fusion; several mainstream news
Pure Energy Systems News
Once again, we bring you a compilation of various news items about the
various LENR companies since our April 26 compilation.
Mainstream news sources are
indicated with the yellow highlight.
- LENR Companies
- Defkalion - Hyperion
- Defkalion Posts Advertisements for 20 Positions in the Low Energy Nuclear Reaction Field
- Greek low energy nuclear reaction pioneer Defkalion Green Technologies is advertising for twenty new positions. The job openings have been posted on the company’s website and were sent to some LENR media outlets.
(EnergyCatalyzer3; April 27, 2012)
- Need a job?
- Defkalion is hiring. Now that said, I am more than a little disappointed that Defkalion has not released independent test data yet. They did promise to do so by the end of April. However, hiring production managers, etc. is certainly consistent with an intent to spool up production.
(NickelPower; May 1, 2012)
- The Peak Oil Crisis: The Quantum Fusion Hypothesis
- ...Fortunately however, a few scientists kept plugging away on just
how one could get heat from the nucleus of a hydrogen atom. Now their
efforts seem to be paying off. In recent months numerous respected
scientists have been reporting at scientific gatherings that they are
seeing increasing amounts of heat, which can only be coming from nuclear
reactions, during experiments with hydrogen loaded into nickel and
palladium under the proper conditions. (Falls
Church News Press; April 27, 2012) (and PeakOil)
- Brillouin, "our cold fusion reactor is better than the E-Cat"
- Researchers who revolve around the project would have discovered the exact Brillouin function of cold fusion, LENR criticizing the words.
(GreenStyle.it; April 27, 2012)
- E-Cat: the cold fusion of the Brillouin challenge Rossi and Defkalion
- E-cat , new competitors in the cold fusion of Rossi are owned by Robert Godes, inventor of the CECR (controlled electron capture reaction), in an interview with Sterling
All[a]n PESN has revealed it is working on a project and on LENR have discovered the operation of the other reactors / catalysts.
(GreenMe.it; April 27, 2012)
- Does this work?
- Use a nickel wire in hydrogen gas and you can do the same experiment.
Use a nickel wire in hydrogen gas and you can do the same experiment. In fact it even works with Nichrome resistance wire, that is a nickel and copper alloy.
You can demonstrate LENR by ... (NickelPower; April 26, 2012)
- Rossi, Leonardo Corp - E-Cat
News update in April - (ECat; April 27, 2012)
- ...environmentally perfectly safe to use...
- ...in the process of being certified by UL
- ...If temperature goes above allowed limit, the Nickel inside
the device melts and the ECAT stops...
- (The ECAT uses regular Nickel, thus eliminating some of the
theories that rely on nano-sized particles to deal with the
nuclear barrier effect)
- Regardless of the mass of lead, the ECAT is stable up to 200
- In case the reactor heats by accident, the lead shield of the
ECAT unit is not affected because it is isolated in an area that
remains under 200 degrees Celsius all the time.
- (Liquid lead has created problems when used as a primary
fluid. It’s been tested with the ECAT, but it’s not a viable
alternative, because it can generate issues such as: pump
problems, condensation when the temperature goes down for any
- In case of a short blackout, the ECAT goes in self-sustained
mode under the control of an electronic system.
- In case of a longer blackout, the control system turns off the
ECAT and the stopping process lasts 1 hour.
- Currently the restart process is a manual one and can be
transmitted remotely through a cell phone.
- ECATS’s maximum temperature achievable with an optimum
number of cores connected in series is today 260 degrees,
potentially higher without changing phase heat vectors
- Introductions / Overviews
- Cold fusion - the inventor wants to sell home appliances by next year
(Original in German)
- A fusion reactor for domestic use would be a sensation of large m, on tt, and inventor, Andrea Rossi says that he has proven that it works. Now, also on NASA him right, on At least in theory. Others remain skeptical and believe that there is a physical impossibility.
May 2. 2012)
- The hot topic of cold fusion
(Original in German)
- Alleged evidence for nuclear reactions in solids to breathe new life into an idea believed dead.
Even after the "disenchantment" of cold fusion continued Martin Fleischmann and Stanley Pons continued her research.
Interview with Rossi (LENRForum.eu; April 27, 2012)
- Andrea Rossi: The Science of Cold Fusion & LENR | The Energy Catalyzer (E-CAT)
- (YouTube / TheWestCoastTruth2)
Rossi Interviewed on West Coast Truth - A new interview
with Andrea Rossi has just been released by the West Coast Truth
radio show. You can hear the whole interview below. I’m still
listening to the show, so I can’t provide a complete review,
but so far the interviewer is interested in the science of the
E-Cat and of cold fusion... (E-CatWorld; April 27, 2012)
on What Happens Inside the E-Cat - In the recent
interview with Russell Scott of West Coast Truth, Andrea Rossi
seemed to be happy to discuss some of the theoretical aspects of
cold fusion in general, and even of the E-Cat — a topic he
does not often discuss in much detail. On many occasions, Rossi
has said that he will not discuss what happens inside... (E-CatWorld;
May 3, 2012)
- Interviews Reveal a Little More About Andrea Rossi the Man
- Two very interesting interviews reveal a lot more about Andrea Rossi the man, his philosophy, his business and his ecat low energy nuclear reaction technology. Rossi has also taken some time out to address his controversial past and the criminal charges that arose from his attempt to commercialize his process for making oil from waste at an Italian company called
Petroldragon. (EnergyCatalyzer3; May 1, 2012)
- "No Evidence of Conspiracy"
on Conspiracies - One of the more interesting topics
covered in Andrea Rossi’s recent interview with Russell
Scott on the West Coast Truth radio show was that of
conspiracy — a topic that comes up frequently in
discussion of cold fusion technology. Scott asked Rossi if
he believed that there were conspiracies involved in putting
a stop... (E-CatWorld; April 29, 2012) (And nextme.it)
Savings With E-Cat Technology - It would appear that perhaps
a new era is emerging in the science of energy production. Cold
fusion is, apparently, here to stay. Once again, universities and
governments are looking at cold fusion;… (ECatReport; April
Military Applications of E-Cat Technology - Refueling depots
– they’re a necessary camp for all fighting units, and a prime
target for the enemy. But, what if refueling depots were
unnecessary? What if fuel was the LEAST of the… (ECatReport;
May 3, 2012)
- My pm box is busy with people, wondering if I have given up on AR
and the eCat. The answer is, No. That said, I do not wish to report
on such a potentially important subject unless I can do so with all
engines running. (ECatNews; April 30, 2012)
- Ecat News plays waiting game
- Ecat News (Paul Story) has responded to a number of enquiries asking whether or not the site has given up on Andrea Rossi and the E-Cat. They have been happy to reply that this is not the case but admit that they can no longer report on such an important subject unless they can do so “with all engines running”.
(ColdFusion.us; May 2, 2012)
- General Cold Fusion
- Italian High School Students Build Cold Fusion Device
- Cold fusion or LENR devices are apparently much easier to build than some people assume. An Italian high school science teacher and his students have reportedly built, tested and patented a device similar to that used by Pons and Fleischman to start the low energy nuclear reaction movement back in 1989.
(ColdFusion3; April 27, 2012) (And webmasterpoint.org)
and Lead Fusion? - A kind reader forwarded me a link to an
abstract of an article that has apparently been accepted for
publication in the American Physical Society’s Physical Review C
journal. The title of the article is “Cold fusion reaction of 58Fe
+ 208Pb analyzed by a generalized model of fusion by diffusion”
authored by Zu-Hua... (E-CatWorld; May 2, 2012)
- Successful Cold Fusion/LENR is an Engineering Problem
- ...The problem is turning this event into a sustained reaction that can be harnessed as a successful power source. That’s the hard part and it is going to take a lot of engineering and a lot of hard work.
... (ColdFusion3; April 29, 2012)
- Open Letter
addressed to those who follow the industry LENR - Public, as per the invitation of its author, the emails tonight Eng. Abundo sent to Eng. Massa. A lot of that these days that occurred between them and other experts in nuclear and calorimetric measurements, typically on the more technical aspects related to tests at the start. The latter is particularly significant email instead of the spirit that is animating all the people who are interested, actively, all'Athanor dell'IIS Pirelli.
(22Passi; May 4, 2012)
Grants Key To Understanding LENR Phenomena, Says U of Missouri’s
Rob Duncan - An article published in the University of
Missouri’s MizzouWeekly newspaper discusses work that will be done
the at the University’s Sidney Kimmel Institute for Nuclear
Renaissance which was recently established through a gift of $5.5
million from philanthropist Sidney Kimmel. The work of the institute
is going to focus on the theoretical underpinnings of... (E-CatWorld;
April 26, 2012)
Senate Candidate Kerrey’s Cold Fusion Ties - I was
interested to discover today that former Nebraska Governor and
Senator (and 1992 presidential candidate) Bob Kerrey, has been
involved in consulting for Israeli company Energetics Technologies,
which is involved in cold fusion research. According to an article
in the Washington Examiner, Kerrey earned $800,000 from the Sidney
Kimmel Revocable Trust for his.. (E-CatWorld; May 1, 2012)
and Economy / Nuclear
Fusion Now Cross-Country Tour 2012 - Ruby Carat describes
her trip across country, meeting with inventors, talking to people,
passing out bumper stickers, and getting a read on the anxiety on
people's mind and their resonance with hope for the future as The
End of Oil Age is made possibly by the emergence of clean energy
Fusion Now; April 26, 2012)
- COLD FUSION IS MOVING COMPANIES
(Original in Italian)
- From the press conference in Salt Lake City in 1989 are 23 years and it seems that finally the scientific world has begun to march to the prospects for cold fusion. In fact, after the intervention of Francesco Celani and Yogendra Srivastava at CERN on 22 March, the physics community that for years revolves around how LENR has revived.
May 2, 2012)
- And hey – WE’RE
OVER HERE! - We are living in world dependent on a finite
source of fuel subject to M. King Hubbert’s production curve over
time. This graph is from his 1956 Nuclear Energy and Fossil Fuels.
It shows an increase in petroleum production, the (…) (Cold
Fusion Now; May 3, 2012)
- LENR and the
Paradigm of Abundance - We undergo periodic ”paradigm
shifts” rather than solely progressing in a linear and continuous
way. These paradigm shifts open up new approaches to understanding
what was considered invalid before. This implies that the notion of
truth, at any given moment, (…) (Cold
Fusion Now; April 30, 2012)
- If LENR Works What Happens to Solar Power?
- First of all, it will take decades to produce enough LENR devices
to power the world, if the technology proves viable. In the
meantime, solar power is ready and already in production across the
globe. (CleanTechAuthority; May 3, 2012)
- NZZ 1
- GreenMe.it 1
- Falls Church News Press
# # #
What You Can Do
- Pass this on to your friends and favorite news sources.
- Click to Tweet: https://clicktotweet.com/cKlNe
- Subscribe to our E-Cat
- Let professionals in the renewable energy sector know about the promise of
- Subscribe to our general newsletter
to stay abreast of the latest, greatest developments in the free energy
- Help us manage the PESWiki
feature page on Rossi's technology.
PESN Coverage of E-Cat
For a more exhaustive listing, see News:Rossi_Cold_Fusion
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 22, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 15, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 8, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 1, 2012
Weekly -- October 25, 2012
Weekly -- October 18, 2012
Andrea Rossi's Black Box -- by Popular Science (PESN; October 16,
Penon High-Temperature E-Cat Test Results Posted (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- October 11, 2012 (PESN)
Weekly -- October 4, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 27, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 20, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 13, 2012 (PESN)
2012 E-Cat Conference Report: 1 MW E-Cat Ready (PESN; September
September 9: Andrea Rossi Q&A, Panel Discussion, Interview
Gives Third-Party Test Results from Hot Cat
Weekly -- September 6, 2012 (PESN; September 6, 2012)
E-Cat Conference in Zurich (PESWiki;
August 31, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 30, 2012 (PESN)
A Barrel of a Hundred High Temperature E-Cats (PESN;
August 30, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 23, 2012 (PESN)
Existence of 1,200C E-Cat Test Report Confirmed (PESN;
August 22, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 16, 2012 (PESN)
about Hot Cat Test Data Leaker (PESN;
August 13, 2012)
Stunning Third Party E-Cat Test Report Details Leaked During NIWeek (PESN;
August 11, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 9, 2012 (PESN)
Mainstream Coverage of Fleischmann's Death Mentions Nothing of Technology Nearing Marketplace (PESN;
August 8, 2012)