E-Cat Weekly -- March 22, 2012
Highlights this past week included Andrea Rossi, Celani, Focardi, and
many other Cold Fusion pioneers being featured in the Italian Network series,
Voyager, in a special titled: "Cold Fusion Secrets of the New Energy".
Defkalion 3rd party testing is still going well.
Pure Energy Systems News
Once again, we bring you a compilation of various news items about Andrea
Rossi's E-Cat that have emerged since our
March 15 compilation.
Mainstream news sources are
indicated with the yellow highlight.
At the end, I added a statement about my take on
- Introductions / Overviews
- Featured in "Voyager";
Rai 2, Italian TV
TV Features E-Cat in "Cold Fusion Secrets of the New Energy"
- On March 19, Italian TV Network aired a Voyager program entitled "Cold Fusion Secrets of the New Energy" about LENR and the
Andrea Rossi Energy Catalyzer. Of course the video was aired in Italian
and so far no translation is available, but E-Cat watchers of any
nationality may find some interest in it... (E-CatWorld; March
- Cold Fusion
(Original in Italian)
- Dear Sir, a heart contained in a cube of 40 cm is the E-cat, Italian engineer the device. Rossi, "new fire" to bet on for the foreseeable future, the cost of a tank of gas provides two winters, with reaction at the level of nuclei, but "low energy", naturally clean and without too many monopolies or link central.
The subject was treated in the TV show Voyager (varesenews.it;
March 21, 2012)
E-Cat Factory "Under Another Name" For Security Reasons -
There has been quite a bit of speculation about the whereabouts (or
even the existence) of Leonardo Corp.'s factory where Andrea Rossi has
said he is building his E-Cat production line. The only details that
Rossi has provided on its location is that it is in Florida. A Journal
of Nuclear Physics reader recently posted this question about the... (E-CatWorld;
March 21, 2012)
- More Statements from Rossi
- Andrea Rossi has admitted that Siemens is a merely a supplier to him. This would seem to contradict stories that he and Siemens engineers were working on a turbine powered by his ecat low energy nuclear reaction technology. One strong possibility is that Rossi is buying a Siemens turbine to use in the 45 megawatt ecat unit he is developing.
(ColdFusion3; March 21, 2012)
Apps? Rossi Open to Allowing 3rd Party Addons to the E-Cat's Heat
- A question posted on Andrea Rossi's Journal of Nuclear Physics site
raises an interesting question. Jim Rice asks: Regarding all the
different turbines, etc. proposed to utilize the heat from an e-cat; it
seems to me that your task should simply be to provide the best heat
module possible for sale, and allow others... (E-CatWorld; March
- Debating The Outsourcing of E-Cat Fusion
- Since quite some time ago there have been enthusiasts asking about the possibility of E-Cat technology being open-sourced, just like, for instance, the notion of the revolutionary 3D printing has been. When Rossi
(ECatReport; March 20, 2012)
- E-Cat will also work with components produced by third parties
(Original in Italian)
- The Italian engineer Andrea Rossi, despite the interest of the press towards its E-Cat seems to be cooling, continues to dialogue with her
fans in the Journal of Nuclear Physics. The latest update concerns the possibility that, in future, the E-Cat can be coupled to components manufactured by outside companies to the project.
(GreenStyle.it; March 19, 2012)
- In contrast to what he told the FL agent a few days prior...
- Revenge of the Pathoskeps
- Have you noticed the dramatic change in our perception of Andrea Rossi and Defkalion Green Technologies which has ramped up in just a few short weeks?
(E-CatSite; March 15, 2012)
And About - Please note that I will be travelling away from the
coal face for the next ten days. As always, any important news will be
posted, otherwise I will take advantage of the lull, enjoy reading your
comments and see you on the other side of my trip.
March 15, 2012)
- The sinking of the E-Cat
- After having been unable to show that his device produces energy, Mr. Rossi stated that he didn't need any more tests because he could now proceed to market it in
millions of pieces. But, in reality, Mr. Rossi had simply placed himself in a no-win situation. The E-Cat is now fast sinking, hit by the contradictions of its inventor.
(PeakOil; March 16, 2012)
Long Wait - It's not difficult to notice that the longer time
passes without E-Cats appearing in the real world, the less credulity
many people give to the reality of Andrea Rossi's invention that
also goes for Defkalion GT and their Hyperions. One of the strange
things about this whole story is that news about the... (E-CatWorld;
March 19, 2012)
of Andrea Rossi - A frequent accusation about Andrea Rossi is
that he is some kind of con man who has concocted an elaborate hoax to
make millions and run away to some distant land to enjoy the fruits of
ill-gotten gain. Another angle is that he is a crazy man who has a false
delusion about finding... (E-CatWorld; March 15, 2012)
- Other Cold Fusion Competitor News
(Typically also mention E-Cat)
- Third party testing still under way and going well. Results expected
to be reported mid April. -- Sterling
- Aussie Guy
- General Cold Fusion
22 into 22, we arrived at CERN! - The fact that at CERN has organized a colloquium entitled "Experimental and theoretical overview of progress in the Low Energy Nuclear Reactions"
gives rise - a simple man like me, of course - to think that .... (Passi22;
March 22, 2012)
- Brillouin Energy "Quantum Fusion" Animations - Robert E. Godes is the man
behind Brillouin Energy, a company developing a hot-water boiler based
on cold fusion. But he doesn't stop at experimentalist; he is also the
originator of Quantum Fusion Theory, a theory of the atomic and (
March 21, 2012)
- Rai2 (Voyager) 1
- PeakOil 1
- GreenMe.it 1
- NextMe.it 1
My Take on Rossi
People are wondering why I am still giving positive coverage of Andrea Rossi
following that article
I wrote on March 11 slamming him for making such contradictory statements to the
Florida Bureau of Radiation Control, "No nuclear reactions occur during the
process;" and "There are no radiation readings above background when
the device is in operation;" and "Currently all production,
distribution and use of these devices is overseas."
Here are some points to consider:
- PESN covers Pure Energy Systems News, and Andrea Rossi continues to
be newsworthy and of interest to our audience.
- This weekly E-Cat review is a compilation of articles around the web on
the subject, both positive and negative.
I should also make it clear that I do not view Rossi as a scammer. I do think
he has achieved some remarkable advances in the cold fusion sector (including
some gamma radiation during operation, which can be shielded).
My primary gripe with him is his modus operandi of not working as a team player
and misrepresenting facts to serve his own purposes. The "own worst
enemy" syndrome is likely to be his own undoing because he refuses to trust
or allow other professionals to have input in his strategy and practices.
Defkalion, on the other hand, seems to have a very strong team approach; hence
they are much more likely to get to the market first with an excellent product.
Their approach seems much more logical and measured, not so grandstanding and
unrealistic as is typical of Rossi's approach. That's why I moved them to the
top of our Top
5, and I moved Rossi off that list, into the runners up.
But once some of the other technologies in the Top 5 and runners up get further
along, they are likely to move into top position, being cheaper and easier to
# # #
What You Can Do
- Pass this on to your friends and favorite news sources.
- Click to Tweet: https://clicktotweet.com/aDdy5
- Subscribe to our E-Cat
- Purchase a 1 MW unit and/or encourage others who are able, to do so.
- Let professionals in the renewable energy sector know about the promise of
- Subscribe to our general newsletter
to stay abreast of the latest, greatest developments in the free energy
- Consider investing in Rossi's group.
- Help us manage the PESWiki
feature page on Rossi's technology.
PESN Coverage of E-Cat
For a more exhaustive listing, see News:Rossi_Cold_Fusion
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 22, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 15, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 8, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 1, 2012
Weekly -- October 25, 2012
Weekly -- October 18, 2012
Andrea Rossi's Black Box -- by Popular Science (PESN; October 16,
Penon High-Temperature E-Cat Test Results Posted (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- October 11, 2012 (PESN)
Weekly -- October 4, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 27, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 20, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 13, 2012 (PESN)
2012 E-Cat Conference Report: 1 MW E-Cat Ready (PESN; September
September 9: Andrea Rossi Q&A, Panel Discussion, Interview
Gives Third-Party Test Results from Hot Cat
Weekly -- September 6, 2012 (PESN; September 6, 2012)
E-Cat Conference in Zurich (PESWiki;
August 31, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 30, 2012 (PESN)
A Barrel of a Hundred High Temperature E-Cats (PESN;
August 30, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 23, 2012 (PESN)
Existence of 1,200C E-Cat Test Report Confirmed (PESN;
August 22, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 16, 2012 (PESN)
about Hot Cat Test Data Leaker (PESN;
August 13, 2012)
Stunning Third Party E-Cat Test Report Details Leaked During NIWeek (PESN;
August 11, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 9, 2012 (PESN)
Mainstream Coverage of Fleischmann's Death Mentions Nothing of Technology Nearing Marketplace (PESN;
August 8, 2012)