E-Cat Weekly -- January 26, 2012
This past week saw over 40 stories from 8 dedicated sites and three
mainstream sources, with highlights including: Rossi's former partner, Defkalion
announcing they are ready for 3rd party testing of their Hyperion; Rossi
deflecting claims that the University of Bologna has severed ties; an update on
Chan's copy of the E-Cat; and a possible indirect reference to the E-Cat in
Obama's state of union address.
Andrea Rossi inspects the E-Cat during a demo
on January 12, 2012.
Image source ECat.com
video screen grab.
PES Network has a business relationship with Andrea Rossi.
Pure Energy Systems News
Once again we bring you a compilation of various news items about Andrea
Rossi's E-Cat that have emerged since our
January 19 compilation.
Mainstream (or large
alternative) news sources are
indicated with the yellow highlight.
- Overviews / Introductions
- Free Energy Technologies
- E-Cat is a cold fusion technology that utilizes nickel and hydrogen to produce large amounts of heat energy at a fairly low temperature (around 450 Celsius), Allan explained. Allan recounted seeing Andrea Rossi's demonstration in Italy of a one megawatt
plant...that produced half a megawatt of power in self-sustain mode for approximately five and a half hours. E-Cat technology was recently submitted for UL certification and ten-kilowatt home units could be available within 12-18 months, he said.
(Coast to Coast AM;
January 21, 2012)
- Andrea Rossi : Sinner or Saint? -
Is Andrea Rossi the world's greatest inventor since Nikola Telsa and the savior of mankind, or is he one of the worst scoundrels of the year? It's very difficult to say at this time, but the question really is that basic.
Rossi has been 100% consistent on a key point since day one. He has always stated that he will
prove' his technology, not in scientific journals, but by selling working products.
(Examiner; January 21, 2012)
50,000+ Pre-Orders for E-Cats Received: Predicts Worldwide Shipments
Within 18 Months - Today Rossi made the following
statement regarding the status of this product: Dear Christian
Bistriceanu: Your pre-order has been accepted. By the way: so far we
received about 50,000 pre-orders and... (E-CatWorld; January 23, 2012)
(And ecatnews )
- On the SmartScarecrow show, January 19, 2012, Richard Rovinsky said:
"I think that everyone who gets their hands on [one of the first E-Cats]
for $500 is probably going to be selling them like hotcakes on EBay."
- Community Group Created at National Instruments to study LENR
- Here's a little piece of information that might support the case for National Instruments
(NI) being involved with Andrea Rossi as Rossi has consistently stated is the case.
NI hosts a user community where NI staff and customers can form groups to work together and discuss various topics A group in this community was formed on January 12, 2012 titled
LENR'. (E-CatWorld; January 21, 2012)
State Of The Union: "Clean Energy Industry Never Been So
Promising" - I'm directing my Administration to allow the development of clean energy on enough public land to power three million homes. And I'm proud to announce that the Department of Defense, the world's largest consumer of energy, will make one of the largest commitments to clean energy in history - with the Navy purchasing enough capacity to power a quarter of a million homes a
(FreeEnergyTruth; January 25, 2012) (YouTube
/ Whitehouse 32:42)
- LENR: Sympathy for the Commander in Chief
- Consider the following little scenario: In daily national security briefings along with high-level and quite secret meetings held at both the White House, and Pentagon, the growing reality of LENR breakthroughs has become an issue of extreme concern and debate.
(E-CatSite; January 23, 2012)
Rossi interview Is ECAT Cold Fusion? - This is the second
video in a series of new videos made in Bologna on the 12th of January.
In this particular clip, Rossi answers questions regarding cold fusion,
about competition and the upcoming independent 3rd party validation of
the E-Cat. (ECat.com; January 19, 2012)
- University of Bologna Terminates Relationship With Rossi
- Today, Dario Braga, director of scientific research at the
university, told New Energy Times that the university
waited long enough. It terminated the contract because Rossi did not
fulfill his agreement to make the first progress payment by January
15, Braga said. (by Steven B. Krivit; New Energy Times; January 24, 2012)
- Relationship Continues...
On January 25, we at PESN received the following statement from
Rossi: "DEAR HANK: PLEASE PUBLISH EVERYWHERE YOU CAN: THE
STATEMENT OF KRIVIT IS TOTALLY FALSE!!!"
Mats Lewan says: "Rossi also told me that 'the work of the University of Bologna has
already started with meetings together with National Instruments to prepare the whole system
analysis.' " (NyTeknik;
January 24, 2012)
Relationship with University of Bologna Continues
- Despite early reports that were incomplete, we now know Andrea
Rossi's relationship with the University of Bologna is set to
continue, and never ended in the first place. An official
statement from the University of Bologna makes this clear. (PESN;
January 26, 2012)
of Bologna Statement on E-Cat Testing (UPDATE: Rossi States Work
Continues) - A statement by by the Department of Physics
at the University of Bologna seems to say that the formal
agreement that was in place between the university and EFA is no
longer in effect, but that the the offer from the physics
department to test the E-Cat is still on the table. (E-CatWorld;
January 25, 2012)
- Small brackets
(Original in Italian)
- Danielle Passi claims that he is trying to get confirmation from the
University of Bologna about the contract with Rossi. " Meanwhile, I make a summary of the comments that I wrote yesterday in which I was able to warn against believing some unconfirmed reports of at least the more observant of love and its 22 steps."
(22Passi; January 25, 2012) (The real press officer UniBO;
- And ecatreport
and ecatnews(2)and ecatnews(3)
January 26th, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ALL THIS FUSS AROUND THE UNIVERSITY OF BOLOGNA STUFF: WE, THE E-CAT PEOPLE, MAKE R&D WITH CONSULTANTS , SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND UNIVERSITIES WE CHOOSE TIME BY TIME FOR SPECIFIC TASKS AND THIS DOES NOT BELONG TO PUBLIC INFORMATION. WHAT COUNTS FOR THE PUBLIC IS THAT OUR PRODUCTS WORK PROPERLY. AS USUAL THE PUPPET SNAKES ARE MAKING MUCH ADO FOR NOTHING, WITH THE HELP OF SOME PRIMADONNA (OR WANNABE SO).
1MW eCat Still in Bologna - Most of us are aware that the 1MW
eCat is still in Bologna and not with the mystery customer. The story
unfolded on Vortex after ecat.com released a video that featured the
said container. As posters zeroed on the likely truth of its identity,
AR fingered it as the same. (ECatNews; January 22, 2012)
- Ampenergo listed as
'inactive' - On the surface, Ampenergo Andrea Rossi's eCat
partner for The Americas is no
longer in business. How likely is this to be an error? Could such a
situation be a result of clerical negligence (eg a missed deadline for
filing a report)? (ECatNews; January 23, 2012)
- Rossi's Engineering School Shut Down for Fraud
- Kensington University, California (USA) where Andrea Rossi
obtained his chemical engineering degree was shut down for fraud. (NewEnergyTimes;
January 11, 2012)
- ECat Teasers Heighten Excitement
- Production and sales of Andrea Rossi's e-cat are fast-approaching. The
Italian inventor's breakthrough invention is a low energy nuclear
reaction device that produces large amounts of heat and One million
home-based e-cat units of 10 KW each are expected to hit the market
before the year ends. The cost is more than affordable at only $500 per
thermal unit, so there's no wonder more and more media outlets and
people are interested in the device. (ECatReport; January 23,
- Witnessing and participating in history
- I think I've figured out why Rossi and LENR and the "new energy
frontier" is so provocative. It's because we may be witnessing,
participating and even perhaps even shaping history. (NickelPower;
January 20, 2012)
- LENR is Cheap Energy Not Free Energy
- Part of the reason why Low Energy Nuclear Reaction has such a bad reputation in some quarters is that it is being promoted as
"free energy." This is simply not true, LENR would be cheap or cheaper energy not free energy.
(ColdFusion3; January 21, 2012)
- STERLING'S RESPONSE: We redefine the usage of "free
energy" to refer to the source being free as it is provided
freely from the environment. No one (except maybe communists) have
ever said the devices themselves would be free. Solar is "free
energy". And the reason I classify LENR/cold fusion among
"cold fusion" contenders is because the fuel is so cheap
and abundant that it might as well be free, because the energy is
coming from a nuclear process provided by the wheelwork of nature.
- Other Cold Fusion Competitor News
(Typically also mention E-Cat)
- Independent Testing on Hyperion Reactors
(pdf) - Praxen Defkalion Green Technologies Global Ltd. (PDGT) is ready to further allow third parties to evaluate its core technology: a multi stage LENR reaction between Nickel and Hydrogen.
PDGT has successfully completed its scientific, technological and engineering steps necessary to sustain such a reaction with results exceeding a COP of 20 and with temperatures capable to exceed 650 degrees Celsius.
(Defkalion Press Release; January 23, 2012)
- Statement from Defkalion
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:24 pm
> Tests will be performed only in one of our Athens labs as all of our "crew" is quite busy with other tasks, in parallel to such tests, for the next two months.
> We expect independent testers to check every cubic cm of the
test room, its surroundings and the reactors for any hidden source
of energy or for any "magic system" that can
"mysteriously" transfer several kWh of energy for 48h+48h
within only the active reactor without been traced. They can use any
kind of instruments they want for this as well.
- Rossi's Ex-Partners to Release an Improved Version of LENR for Testing
- The Praxen Defkalion Green Technologies Global Ltd. (PDGT) firm that was and then wasn't a partner with Andrea Rossi in marketing the E-Cat LENR reactor has announced the permitting of third party evaluations of their product named
January 25, 2012)
- Defkalion offers testing of cold fusion reactors
- The Greek company Defkalion has invited scientific and business organizations to test the core technology in its forthcoming energy products. The products are based on LENR Low Energy Nuclear Reactions.
January 24, 2011)
- Defkalion appear to invite truly independent third party tests of their multi stage LENR reaction device
- Praxen Defkalion Green Technologies Global Ltd. (PDGT) is ready to further allow third parties to evaluate its core technology: a multi stage LENR reaction between Nickel and Hydrogen. (4 pages)
(NextBigFuture; January 24, 2012)
- And e-catworld
- Chan Fusion Power
- " - Last November a poster on
the Buildecat.com site announced that a poster going by the name of Chan
was working on building an E-Cat-like reactor, and went as far as to
post the Chan Formula on that site. Since then, Chan has been rather
quiet until now. I just received an email ... 10 MW plant inside a
steel shipping container. (E-CatWorld; January 22, 2012)
- General Cold Fusion
- State of the LENR Industry
- A review of the various players in the industry pushing toward
commercial products, including Leonardo Corp's E-Cat; Defkalion's
Hyperion; Brillouin Energy
Corporation is a US company that is working on an LENR powered boiler;
Nichenergy based in Milan, Italy, founded by Francessco Piantelli; Energetics
Technology is doing LENR research in Israeli and now has a working
relationship with the University of Missouri. (ColdFusion3; January
- Cold Fusion Class at MIT
- Cold Fusion 101: Short Course at MIT
- Beginning on January 23, 2012, Massachusetts Institute of
Technology (MIT) Electrical Engineering Prof. Peter Hagelstein will
teach an Independent Activities Period (IAP) course titled "Cold
Fusion 101: Introduction to Excess Power in Fleischmann-Pons
Experiments." The non-credit cold fusion course will meet daily on
January 23-27 and 30-31 (see https://student.mit.edu/nc9.html).
(InfiniteEnergy; January/February, 2012)
- Cold Fusion Times
provided the following image:
- Site Was Down
- Beginning at least from January 24, 2012 8:51 PM MST, Rossi's site: https://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com
was down. An hour later, I got the following message from Rossi: "We got an attack, we re resolving..."
Hank noticed that it was back up at least 12 hours later.
As I've been tracking the various stories across the web about the E-Cat in
my series of "weekly" reviews, I've noticed some consistent patterns
among a set of sites, and I was getting suspicious that many of these were being
operated by the same person. They had common denominators:
- No contact info on the "contact" page (because it would reveal
that they are operated by the same person)
- The same video embedded in the margin (at first, more recently this has
been removed or changed to a different video). That's why in past editions,
I put the notation "[v]" next to them.
- While the content has been relevant, their quality has been very marginal,
carrying a huge amount of redundancy from one to the next, lacking accuracy
and depth. Reading them felt more like getting a spam email than getting
enlightenment about this amazing field.
Now I'm nearly certain that this is the case. This week, all of those sites
were silent, further confirming that they are operated by the same person. I'm
not sure that every one of these are in that list, but I'm sure that at least a
few of them are.
The problem is that the attempt has come across more like spam. So
perhaps around ten of the "dedicated sites" were really just one
person. If you own one of these sites and it is a dedicated site, please
I would like to make the following recommendations to whoever it is
that is doing this:
- Focus on quality rather than quantity. Go for originality, depth, and
accuracy. Give us some visual content to accompany your stories.
- Post all your content to one of these sites, and redirect traffic from the
other sites to that one.
- Pick one domain and stick with it. I'd recommend ECatInfo, if
If you do these things, then people will be glad they came to your page and
are likely to bookmark it and come back. You'll be providing a service to the
community, not a distraction.
# # #
This story is also published at BeforeItsNews.
What You Can Do
- Pass this on to your friends and favorite news sources.
- Click to Tweet: https://clicktotweet.com/auBsN
- Subscribe to our E-Cat
- Purchase a 1 MW unit and/or encourage others who are able, to do so.
- Let professionals in the renewable energy sector know about the promise of
- Subscribe to our general newsletter
to stay abreast of the latest, greatest developments in the free energy
- Consider investing in Rossi's group.
- Help us manage the PESWiki
feature page on Rossi's technology.
PESN Coverage of E-Cat
For a more exhaustive listing, see News:Rossi_Cold_Fusion
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 22, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 15, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 8, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 1, 2012
Weekly -- October 25, 2012
Weekly -- October 18, 2012
Andrea Rossi's Black Box -- by Popular Science (PESN; October 16,
Penon High-Temperature E-Cat Test Results Posted (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- October 11, 2012 (PESN)
Weekly -- October 4, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 27, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 20, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 13, 2012 (PESN)
2012 E-Cat Conference Report: 1 MW E-Cat Ready (PESN; September
September 9: Andrea Rossi Q&A, Panel Discussion, Interview
Gives Third-Party Test Results from Hot Cat
Weekly -- September 6, 2012 (PESN; September 6, 2012)
E-Cat Conference in Zurich (PESWiki;
August 31, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 30, 2012 (PESN)
A Barrel of a Hundred High Temperature E-Cats (PESN;
August 30, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 23, 2012 (PESN)
Existence of 1,200C E-Cat Test Report Confirmed (PESN;
August 22, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 16, 2012 (PESN)
about Hot Cat Test Data Leaker (PESN;
August 13, 2012)
Stunning Third Party E-Cat Test Report Details Leaked During NIWeek (PESN;
August 11, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 9, 2012 (PESN)
Mainstream Coverage of Fleischmann's Death Mentions Nothing of Technology Nearing Marketplace (PESN;
August 8, 2012)