You are here: PureEnergySystems.com
> News > January
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- January 24 (5), 2013
Highlights this week include: Piantelli gets CF patent, Rossi rebuffs;
Cold Fusion 1.01 MIT course report week 1; E-Cat independent testing issues --
probably delay; Ed Storms: "most ideal energy you could possibly
imagine"; CF updates at 22Passi.
Pure Energy Systems News
Once again, we bring you a compilation of various news items about the
various LENR companies since our January
I'm running a day behind in my news posting this week, for the first time, day
after day since coming home from Brazil, where I missed uploading a news bullet
prior to boarding a plane. Another 30 minutes, and I would have had it.
There were no mainstream news sources
reporting on LENR this week.
See also Cold Fusion Times.
- LENR Companies
- Rossi, Leonardo Corp - E-Cat
on the Testing, Rossi is 'Very Worried' - Andrea Rossi
made a few more comments yesterday (Jan 20th) regarding the 3rd
party tests and peer reviewing process that is apparently ongoing:
The Party is composed by professors of 4 international Universities,
and their work is very complex. It does not depend on me, and, as I
said, I do not know where... (E-CatWorld; January 21, 2013)
- E-Cat: Rossi worried, no independent reports in February?
- Independent tests on the E-Cat Andrea Rossi worried about the arrival of the results. Would no longer be guaranteed to arrive by February.
(GreenStyle.it; January 21, 2013)
Peer Review by 'High Level' Magazine to take all of February
- I recently made an inquiry of Andrea Rossi regarding the
publication of the 3rd party report and today received this message
in reply: Dear Frank: The report will be published on a very high
level scientific magazine. The peer reviewing of the magazine is in
course, and I have been informed it will take... (E-CatWorld;
January 20, 2013)
of Andrea Rossi (and Other LENR) Videos - On the website Eco
Inventions Showcase, they have put together a good
collection of videos with Andrea Rossi. It is worth
perusing for those interested in Rossi's work. See also Eco
Inventions Showcase LENR
video section. He has 150 videos so far
January 24, 2013)
- Third Party Tests Are Not Paid
- As we await the publication of the third party results on Andrea Rossi's E-Cats, a pall of doubt overhangs the procedure. Will the third party be unbiased? Will they publish their findings in a respectable scientific journal, or hide the information in a minor publication? Could the certificators be influenced by outside factors?
(ECatReport; January 17, 2013)
- Centralized Controls For The E-Cats
- On the Journal of Nuclear Physics, recently, there have been several commenters interested in the concept of a
"bigger" E-Cat. That is to say, some people think that an E-Cat should be able to produce more than 10 kW.
(ECatReport; January 17, 2013)
- Are Bigger E-Cats Still Possible?
- Several commenters on Andrea Rossi's Journal of Nuclear Physics recently have asked if the size of the E-Cat can be increased.
(ECatReport; January 20, 2013)
- Tar Sands & The E-Cat
- Tar sand holds the new gold mine in fuel for the next hundred years at least for fossil fuels. It is suspected that the Canadian tar sands, and those in the U.S., will eclipse the amount of oil coming from the United Arab Emirates. In the U.S., some of that will come from shale, as well. But, how do the oil companies access the fuel that saturates the substrate of the North American continent? With heat, that's how.
(ECatReport; January 23, 2013)
- Fleischmann Memorial Project, QuantumHeat.org
Metalenergy / Nichenergy
Patent Granted for Francesco Piantelli's LENR Process - The
European Patent office has granted a patent for the Francesco
Piantelli's invention of process for producing energy from a
nickel-hydrogen reaction. European Patent Office published the
certificate on January 16th, 2013. All documents associated with this
application can be found here. Sergio Focardi, who assisted Andrea Rossi
in the development of the E-Cat... (E-CatWorld; January 18, 2013)
- Christos Stremmenos Challenges Piantelli's Patent
- In January of this year, a European patent on a LENR device was granted to Francesco Piantelli. In the patent it is stated that Piantelli has worked with powdered nickel in his experiments since 1998.
Christos Stremmenos challenges this claim. He says, in the Journal of Nuclear Physics, that he was the only person working with nickel powder through the 1990s, along with Prof. E. Bonetti and Prof.
Focardi. (ECatReport; January 24, 2013)
- Rossi Responds To Furor Over Patents
- A patent on LENR has recently been granted to Francesco Piantelli, and it has the LENR community in an uproar. It seems that Piantelli has patented a process that he has never used or at least, not until recently. The patent refers to
"previous work" done in the 1990s using nickel powder, but Piantelli never used nickel powder in the 90s. This has many people calling
"foul", as Andrea Rossi's Hot Cats and E-Cats are being manufactured, and as publication of third party reports are pending.
(ECatReport; January 22, 2013)
- Piantelli cold fusion does not work, the attack Andrea Rossi
- Andrea Rossi goes on the offensive after the uproar related to delays in independent tests. According to him, Francis Piantelli reactor does not work.
(GreenStyle.it; January 23, 2013)
patent LENR granted to Francis Piantelli - EP2368252
METHOD FOR PRODUCING ENERGY AND APPARATUS therefor (22Passi;
January 18, 2013)
regarding patent application for Piantelli - News
regarding patent application for Piantelli. | Patent
update 16.01.2013 (LENRNews.eu; January 16, 2013)
- Cold Fusion, Rossi E-cat Piantelli does not work. But there is growing concern independent report
- Cold fusion . The 'E-Cat Rossi will undergo a further delay? Possible. And Rossi himself said he was worried. The father of cold fusion is in fact waiting for the famous report to be published by February.
(nextme.it; January 23, 2013)
- General Cold Fusion
- From http://www.lenr-forum.com/showthread.php?1058-LENR-Newsletter-2013-Jan-23
LENR Newsletter : 2013 Jan 23
lenr-forum.com is experimenting the idea of a newsletter,
gathering the subject raised recently...
Don't hesitate to give you opinion on the forum.
Few hot subject of that week:
Few cold subjects of the past to rediscover :
An finally our future is on the way:
- The following is from "OPEN POWER"
(22Passi; January 21, 2013)
the full post written by Eng. Ugo
Abundo this morning January
21, 2013 9:53
to give a space dedicated to comments and
some general considerations (unfortunately for me will be the
last) of what is emerging in these early days of the new year:
its patent has been accepted, this will involve a series of
future events are not easy to decipher.
has said everything has been written about everything and its
opposite, the saga continues if only to remain vigilant on
what should be the next technological revolution patent, even
though we are here today to discuss only thanks to him.
as you will read, the "OPEN POWER" continues with
as I wrote in the first reactor piezonucleare work with
academic and institutional support at the highest level.
the most significant news is the launch of projects of applied
research and development, this means that the reactors from
their products have completed the development and engineering,
are on the market.
I personally think that soon will come the big surprises and I
wish with all my heart to get the success it deserves, the
road he traveled is among the most promising in the field of
applied research for solutions that aims to achieve.
his experiments with the constantan wire were reproduced by
independent centers, and there is no confirmation will come
soon I hope many reports although the involvement of private
funding did not allow for a full and complete statement of the
something is useless to write a Jolly at the time when you
decide to come out (I urge you to do so as soon as possible,
since laws) will probably be another important step that will
give a clearer picture on the understanding of this "new
- Ed Stormts
Energy announces website updates - New features on the ChavaScience.com
website include: A Short History of Hydrogen Thermal Anomalies
Largest collection of thermal transfer data and calculators Research
results from oxidation of Cu55:Ni alloy wires (Ref: Francesco Celani)
SpinLab software Hans Colers device new info Isolating DC
transformer design. (PESWiki; January 22, 2013)
- A Cocoon of Technology
- by Bill Zebuhr - "One of the visions of cold fusion was to create small, self-contained energy sources that would cost very little to fuel and maintain. This vision has been a long time coming, but it will come at least in some form eventually. ... One of the greatest changes that a self-contained energy producer would facilitate would be the ability to live with greater independence from the grid structures of society. .
US New Patent Law: March 16, 2013 - The following is a further
posting in a series of articles by David French, a patent attorney with
35 years experience, which will review issues of interest touching on
the field of Cold Fusion. I have been hesitating posting on (
January 21, 2013)
and LENR - An interesting article written by Kevin Kelly in
Wired discusses the impact that robotics is having on our world, and how
that will continue in the future. The focus is specifically on
employment how the world of work will be affected. The article
begins: Two hundred years ago, 70 percent of American workers.. (E-CatWorld;
January 25, 2013)
from Cold Fusion Colloquium in Eindhoven - Many thanks to ECW
readers Fusionrudy and Zeddicus Zul Zorander for their reports of the
lecture on cold fusion given by French physicist Jean-Paul Biberain at
the Technische Universiteit Eindhoven in the Netherlands on January
21st. Fusionrudy's report Prof. Jean Paul Biberian gave a lecture "Cold Fusion 2013, a review of scientific progress" at... (E-CatWorld;
January 23, 2013)
kullander and Roland Petterson - Some interesting topics.
Ultradense nuclear fusion in metallic lithium liquid PDF
THE NATURE OF THE CHEMONUCLEAR TRANSITION PDF
(LENRNews.eu; January 23, 2013)
- LENR Researchers Making Slow but Study Progress
- Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) researchers out there seem to be making slow but steady progress. No big breakthroughs are coming out but posts at Andrea Rossi's blog and the Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project indicate some progress is occurring.
(ColdFusion3; January 25, 2013)
energy technology in our FuturProbable - Video: Rιacteur
T.M.L.E.C.P.W. by FuturProbable Charles Franηois began posting videos
to his FuturProbable channel last spring. 26 uploads later, an
open-beaker, plasma-initiated, electrolytic cell has evolved into the
Confined Plasma Water (CPW)-type Inertial Fusion Reacteur that "solves
the problems of (
) (ColdFusionNow; January 24, 2013)
Android Electrolysis System: Nitinol Demonstration - My efforts
to produce LENR utilizing electrolysis has recently turned to the use of
Nitinol (a nickel/titanium alloy). Nitinol has the unique
capability of contracting once it reaches a certain temperature (hence
the nickname of muscle wire). I produced a short video clip
showing an electrolysis experiment in progress to demonstrate the
activity of Nitinol
(LENR-ColdFusion; January 23, 2013)
Grand-daughter of Martin Fleischmann runs marathon for research funding
- Vicky Harvey, a grand-daughter of Martin Fleischmann, runs in the Virgin London Marathon to raise money for the Brain Research Trust to help neurological conditions that afflicted Martin and many others around the world. Please visit her donation page to (
(ColdFusionNow; January 23, 2013)
IAP Course on Cold Fusion 1.01 - Brief Summary of Week 1
Jan. 22, 2013 - On day 1,
attendees intently focus on Prof. Peter Hagelstein's lecture on palladium
hydrides and the role of the highly loaded lattice, beyond the miscibility
gap, as required for achieving successful deuterium fusion in cold fusion
(LANR) as initially (correctly) reported by Drs. Fleischmann and Pons in
Jan. 23, 2013 - On day 2, Prof. Peter Hagelstein presented
his original theory involving de novo helium formation in CF/LANR,
specifically at vacancies surrounded by loaded octahedral sites, and
made very clear -in that light- exactly why early attempts at reproduction
of CF were so difficult to achieve. The roles of loading (Volmer,
Tafel, and Heyrovsky reactions), chemical potential, sigma-bonded
hydrogen, codeposition, embedded atom theories, vacancy diffusion and
stabilization by loading, and the important differences between Pd and Ni
were also made clear; as he tied these together based upon years
of condensed matter data.
24, 2013 - On day 3, Prof.
Peter Hagelstein went through the experimental proof that de novo
He4 production is commensurate with excess energy (Miles, and Case, and
SRI experiments), and its rate of production is commensurate with excess
power (Gozzi). He discussed the role of cell temperature in positive
feedback in the CF/LANR system (Fleischmann, and Cravens, and Storms, and
Swartz); and then focused on the problem associated with helium occupancy
at the critical sites of CF/LANR in active systems. Moving through
Rutherford issues to the Hamiltonian, he also demonstrated the roles of
deuteron flux as well as loading. Finally, using an analogy similar to
Corkum's mechanism, he led the way towards the spin boson model of
Cohen-Tannoudji, but demonstrated exactly where it was insufficient
to explain CF/LANR in the absence of his discovery of the role of
destructive interference and other loss and dephasing issues.
Jan. 25, 2013
-On day 4, Prof. Hagelstein began with evidence, based upon PdD
and D2O as the detectors, that de novo Helium 4 must be
"borne" with energies below 10 keV or less, and that the upper
limit for neutron production must be less than 0.01 neutrons/joule.
Then, having demonstrated that destructive interference in the spin boson
model prevents its use in CF/LANR, he corrected that, and expanded the
Hamiltonian to now include coupling parameters and examined the quantum
exchange characteristics based upon coherence. Successful energy transfer
was demonstrated to require interactions of all the atoms in the lattice.
For further analysis, a donor-receptor system was then included. At that
point, he showed how the Coulomb barrier need not be overcome, because by
this method the factor is linear, rather than quadratic (needed for
classical analysis of D+D interactions). Supporting this analysis is
the Karabut data in glow discharge on Pd which yielded both diffuse
emissions and collimated x-radiation. with beamlets of energy bandwidth
which were consistent with the theory Prof. Hagelstein developed. Finally,
he used the Foldy-Wouthuysen rotational operation, and demonstrated how
this analysis is becoming assymptotic with what is being observed in CF/LANR,
with the use of his corrected condensed matter nuclear science (CMNS)
Hamiltonian. Finally, with the addition of nonlinear Rabi oscillations
(which yields Dicke superradiance), his model was shown to also be
near-complete and consistent with both the observed pulse
emissions and the wide bandwidth.
From: "Dr. Mitchell Swartz"
To: "Sterling Allan"
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 11:40 PM [GMT-7]
Subject: Your coverage of IAP
Thank you so much for your terrific coverage of cold fusion in general,
and the IAP course in particular, now.
Ruby and Jeremy Rys have put up
the videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/ColdFusionNow/videos
* * * *
# # #
What You Can Do
- See Suggestions for How to Get Involved with the Roll-out of Exotic Free Energy
- Pass this on to your friends and favorite news sources.
- Click to Tweet: http://clicktotweet.com/84zAZ
- Subscribe to our E-Cat
- Let professionals in the renewable energy sector know about the promise of
- Subscribe to our general newsletter
to stay abreast of the latest, greatest developments in the free energy
PESN Coverage of LENR
For a more exhaustive listing, see News:Rossi_Cold_Fusion
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- March 6, 2014 - Lattice Energy transmutation (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Digest -- February 20, 2014 - Rossi Hopes to Retrofit Coal Power Plants With
LENR-to-Market Digest -- February 5, 2014 - Nanors availability announced at Cold Fusion 101 at
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- January 30, 2014 - Industrial Heat acquires E-Cat
LENR to Market Digest, January 22, 2014
- Blacklight Power claims MW capability (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Digest -- January 6, 2013 - Cherokee identified as
Rossi's partner (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Monthly -- November 7, 2013 - Unusual gamma rays in MFMP
Weekly -- October 3, 2013
ST Microelectronics files LENR patent
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September
19, 2013 - Several reports on the Brillouin interview (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 12, 2013 - MFMP suggested for Nobel Peace
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 29, 2013 - MFMP Presentation from ICCF-18
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 22, 2013 - Dennis Cravens' LENR demonstration at NI
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 1, 2013 - Reports by Ruby Carat on ICCF-18
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- July 18, 2013 - Defkalion to hold a live, streaming
broadcast of a demonstration in Italy on July 22, noon (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- July 11, 2013 - US E-Cat manufacturing plant
allegedly successfully builds working E-Cat (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- July 4, 2013
- Unconfirmed --First U.S. E-Cat 1-MW plant operational? (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- June 27, 2013 - Passing of Sergio Focardi
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- June 20, 2013 - 1 MW E-Cat for free... (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- June 6, 2013 - EU Parliament gives LENR thumbs
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- May 30, 2013 - additional info on the E-Cat
3rd party test report (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- May 23, 2013 - E-Cat 3rd Party Results Posted (PESN)