You are here: PureEnergySystems.com
> News > January
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- January 10, 2013
Highlights this week include: Rossi having problems finding
certification for home application E-Cat due to new genre; predicts
"evolution" over "revolution"; CNET predictions for the
future includes discussion on LENR; Slate sullies the field with lazy, knee-jerk
journalism; CF colloquium coming at University of Eidenhoven.
Professor Peter Hagelstein and Mitchell Swartz will be teaching
"Cold Fusion 101:
Introduction to Excess Power in Fleischmann-Pons Experiments" from January 22-30
Pure Energy Systems News
Once again, we bring you a compilation of various news items about the
various LENR companies since our January
Mainstream news sources are
indicated with the yellow highlight.
I think this week is the lowest number of stories since I began this weekly
compilation in October 2011. Just 20 stories, including two in the mainstream
press. Even the regulars who usually post quite a few were sparse to nearly half
of what they usually produce. Only ColdFusionNow was consistent with
three stories as usual. Is this the calm before the storm, or are people
distracted with other exciting developments in the exotic
free energy sector?
It's not that the sector is fizzling, because there is plenty of action and hope
in its future.
See also Cold Fusion Times.
- LENR Companies
- Rossi, Leonardo Corp - E-Cat
Rossi's Fascinating EMF Discovery - Andrea Rossi recently stated on his blog Journal of Nuclear Physics that he is currently taking the road to circumventing the Carnot Cycle. The Italian inventor posted that direct EMF from the reactor core. EMF or Electromotive Force, according to
Faraday's Law, represents energy per unit charge (voltage) which has been made available by the generating mechanism and is not a
'force'. (ECatReport; January 5, 2013)
- MIT Plans New Cold Fusion Course, Rossi Makes Interesting Claim
- There is some other interesting news in LENR going on right now. Andrea Rossi is reporting that his researchers have detected some sort of electromagnetic field in his ecat LENR device. It is early to determine if this phenomenon can be harnessed for purposes such as producing electricity or not.
(EnergyCatalyzer3; January 6, 2013)
- Certification Problems
- Fear nails the production of E-Cat
- Bodies that govern the security checks do not grant clearance to the installation home in the absence of a scientific explanation of the phenomenon that generates the heat
(iltamtam.it; January 6, 2013)
- Rossi: Domestic E-Cats Still Planned, Certification Problematic
- I put in a question on the Journal of Nuclear Physics regarding plans for the domestic E-Cat in the light of the new partnership. I asked Rossi if the new partner was as committed to the home units as he was. His Response:
"Absolutely yes, provided we [...] (E-CatWorld;
January 4, 2013)
- E-Cat Home: Andrea Rossi has problems with the certification
- E-Cat household, time stretch for Andrea Rossi: nobody wants to certify the safety of his cold fusion device.
(GreenStyle.it; January 5, 2013)
- Andrea Rossi, Partners & Domestic E-Cats
- It Is said that nature hates a vacuum, and this is certainly true in the world of communication. If we
don't know all of the facts and details on a subject, we tend to fill in with fear, suspicion, and conclusions that are not necessarily correct.
(ECatReport; January 8, 2013)
- The Hot
Cat's Place in Russia - Hopes are high in many regions of Eastern Europe that Andrea
Rossi's E-Cat and Hot Cat will soon be available commercially. While both are now available for sale, manufacturing is still at the startup level. In addition, the technology is still a closely guarded secret and there are no power plants in operation that are open to public viewing.
(ECatReport; January 9, 2013)
- Evolution, not Revolution
- Revolution or Evolution?
- As we all await the widespread distribution of new energy technologies, we
can't help but wonder if the fossil fuel industry will be as disrupted as we think. The idea of affordable alternative energy on a massive scale a scale big enough to replace coal-fueled power plants and provide energy for manufacturing plants the place of fossil fuels will surely be shaken.
(ECatReport; January 7, 2013)
a Dent - Andrea Rossi has in the past talked about
wanting to help bring about an energy revolution with his
technology, but lately he has been sounding more circumspect in
his predictions. He said recently that " it will not be a
revolution, but an evolution through series of integrations." I
often wonder what it [...] (E-CatWorld; January 9, 2013)
- Mitch Swartz,
- Cold Fusion 101 at MIT
- A free, week-long course on cold fusion is scheduled as part of MIT's Independent Activities Period, where professors are free to pursue areas of interest outside the regular academic curriculum. Professor Peter Hagelstein and Mitchell Swartz will be teaching
"Cold Fusion 101: Introduction to Excess Power [...] (E-CatWorld;
January 8, 2013) (And energycatalyzer3)
- General Cold Fusion
- U.S. Schools with Cold Fusion-Friendly Faculty
- While there are an increasing number of professors engaged in cold fusion research at schools and colleges, not all departments and schools officially support that activity. In some cases, research is fully-endorsed and funded, such as at University of Missouri (
(ColdFusionNow; January 6, 2013)
"Cold Fusion Reactions by Renzo Mondaini" - This video was brought to my attention via the Journal of Nuclear Physicis. It is produced by Renzo Mondaini, an electronics technician from Ravenna, Italy, who has been carrying out experiments in cold fusion at his home.
The video is a series of demonstrations of various electolytic cold fusion experiments using anodes and cathodes of [...]
(E-CatWorld; January 6, 2013)
- The Magi bearing gifts
- an email last night from Andrea Rampado. Warning, do not confuse and mix 1) the defense of the legitimacy and appropriateness of the research on reactions piezonuclear (which makes those who deny the time), which is discussed in this letter, 2) the defense of prof. Carpinteri as a manager of a national scientific body (INRIM) that administered with care, but you want to unseat purely political issues, the division of power and armchairs
(22Passi; January 6, 2013)
Energy's Dreamers, Hucksters, and Loons - Bottling up the power of the sun will always be 20 years away.
- Charles Seife confuses reality and myth with attack on discoverers of cold fusion
- If you want to study journalism, don't go to New York University where you might get Professor Charles Seife.
His last book Sun
in a Bottle: the Strange History of Fusion and the Science of
Wishful Thinking published in October 2008 appears to
be the fodder for his recently published article Fusion
Energy's Dreamers, Hucksters, and Loons posted on
Slate.com, and he hasn't researched the field since. (ColdFusionNow;
January 3, 2013)
- Slate Article Slams Fusion, Hot and Cold
- Slate Magazine has today published a particularly harsh article written by Charles Seife entitled
"Fusion Energy's Dreamers, Hucksters, and Loons" which criticizes all kinds of fusion energy projects.
He spends most of the article focusing on the international ITER fusion project, also mentions the U.S. National Ignition Facility, and a new project starting up [...]
(E-CatWorld; January 3, 2013)
- Comment on: Friday Poll: Which prediction will most likely come true?
With the head scientist at NASA Langley research saying LENR is
confirmed along with confirmation from Labs at Toyota, Mitsubishi,
and STMicroelectronics as well as Amaco, the US Navy research labs,
along with a course on the Fleischmann/Pons effect at MIT and
working replications of the Celani reactor at academic sites around
the world as well as hundreds of confirmed and peer reviewed
experimental paper, that professors and Nobel prize winners are
saying it is real and that Patents now being granted, the case that
LENR is a real working system of cold fusion is proven. http://www.lenrproof.com
7, 2013) (And nickelpower)
- Why is there so Much Resistance to LENR?
- Even though Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) seems to be the best hope for solving
humanity's energy problems there seems to be a lot of resistance to it. Why are people including scientists, politicians and businessmen so reluctant to acknowledge the New
Fire's potential? (ColdFusion3; January 4, 2013)
- Cold Fusion 2013 - a review of scientific progress (pdf)
- The University of Eindhoven and the Dutch Association of Engineers KIVI NIRIA are pleased to host a colloquium
[January 21, 2013] by prof. Jean-Paul Biberian ... In about an hour, prof. Biberian will give an up-to-date overview of cold fusion research, focusing on experimental results obtained by research groups worldwide at institutions like MIT, the US Naval Research Laboratory, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and many more.
- Memo: Eindhoven
TU is where one of the previous demonstrations of Yildiz'
magnet motor took place. -- Sterling
# # #
What You Can Do
- Pass this on to your friends and favorite news sources.
- Click to Tweet: http://clicktotweet.com/98Ng4
- Subscribe to our E-Cat
- Let professionals in the renewable energy sector know about the promise of
- Subscribe to our general newsletter
to stay abreast of the latest, greatest developments in the free energy
- Help us manage the PESWiki
feature page on Rossi's technology.
PESN Coverage of LENR
For a more exhaustive listing, see News:Rossi_Cold_Fusion
LENR-to-Market Monthly -- November 7, 2013 - Unusual gamma rays in MFMP
Weekly -- October 3, 2013
ST Microelectronics files LENR patent
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September
19, 2013 - Several reports on the Brillouin interview (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 12, 2013 - MFMP suggested for Nobel Peace
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 29, 2013 - MFMP Presentation from ICCF-18
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 22, 2013 - Dennis Cravens' LENR demonstration at NI
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 1, 2013 - Reports by Ruby Carat on ICCF-18
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- July 18, 2013 - Defkalion to hold a live, streaming
broadcast of a demonstration in Italy on July 22, noon (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- July 11, 2013 - US E-Cat manufacturing plant
allegedly successfully builds working E-Cat (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- July 4, 2013
- Unconfirmed --First U.S. E-Cat 1-MW plant operational? (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- June 27, 2013 - Passing of Sergio Focardi
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- June 20, 2013 - 1 MW E-Cat for free... (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- June 6, 2013 - EU Parliament gives LENR thumbs
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- May 30, 2013 - additional info on the E-Cat
3rd party test report (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- May 23, 2013 - E-Cat 3rd Party Results Posted (PESN)
E-Cat Validation Creates More Questions (PESN;
May 21, 2013)
Third-Party E-Cat Test Results
Posted - posted on ArXiv.org
May 20, 2013)
Interview with E-Cat Distributor License Broker, Roger Green (PESN;
May 17, 2013)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- May 9, 2013 - Interview with Rossi about recent 1 MW plant delivery
Interview with Andrea Rossi About 1 MW E-Cat Plant Delivery (PESN;
May 7, 2013)
LENR-to-Market MONTHLY -- April 29, 2013 - E-Cat teases with April 30
delivery date (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- March 28, 2013 - E-Cat 3rd-Party testing
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- March 7, 2013 - more on NASA (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- February 21, 2013 - NASA on nuclear reactor in
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- February 14, 2013 - Piantelli self-sustains 2
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- February 7, 2013 - CF 101 week 2 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- January 31, 2013 - CF 101 week 1 at MIT (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- January 24, 2013 - Piantelli gets CF patent,
Rossi rebuffs (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- January 17, 2013 - Defkalion joint venture
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- January 10, 2013 - Rossi having problems
finding certification for home application (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- January 3, 2013 - Hot-Cat creating
electromotive force? (PESN)