E-Cat Weekly -- December 22, 2011
The past week saw around 30 unique stories posted about
Andrea Rossi's E-Cat, including from at
least 2 mainstream sources. The main highlights include talk about crowd funding
of a 1 MW purchase; and reports of the Coherence 2011 conference in Rome where
Francesco Celani reported achieving overunity with Ni-H fusion.
PES Network has a business relationship with Andrea Rossi.
Rome, 2011 Coherence - Intervention Y. Srivastava
Pure Energy Systems News
Once again we bring you a compilation of various news items about Andrea
Rossi's E-Cat that have emerged since our
December 15 compilation.
Mainstream news sources are
indicated with the yellow highlight.
Newcomers: ecatmotor.com | fusioncatalyst.org
- >> Rome, Dec. 14: COHERENCE 2011 (II)
(Original in Italian) -
Daniele Passerni gives a report of the Coherence 2011 cold fusion
conference held in Rome, Italy on December 14. "I offer now all the information I was able to collect...
It's a lot of material to read, download, consult with calm during the weekend and beyond."
(22Passi; December 16, 2011)
- Top Italian Scientist Claims to Have Achieved Nickel Hydrogen Cold Fusion
- Italian physicist Francesco Celani stated that he has created low energy nuclear reactions similar to those achieved in Andrea Rossi's fusor. Celani told participants at the Coherence 2011 Cold Fusion Conference in Rome on December 14 that he had conducted cold fusion experiments using nickel and hydrogen. The
ecatfusion.com blog stated that Celani said he was able to create a
"cold fusion cell" that yielded 200% excess thermal energy.
(EnergyCatalyzer3; December 19, 2011)
- New Information Emerges On Andrea Rossi E-cat
- A report provided by Daniele Passerni of 22Passi blog stated that
there are new developments regarding cold fusion in what may have
lead to proving Andrea Rossi E-cat as a valid technology. ...Celani said that for a couple of weeks, cells are now operating and are estimated at 200% excess heat range...
(AndreaRossiECat; December 19, 2011) (And ecatfusion
- Italians At Coherence Conference Defend LENR
and E-Cat - I don't know if you have noticed it or not,
but there is a great deal of Italian scientists, engineers,
physicists and chemists participate in the E-Cat saga and the LENR
epos as a whole. I mean look at the names involved Andrea Rossi,
Sergio Focardi, Giuseppe Levi, Domenico Fioravanti, Francesco Celani,
(ECatHome; December 19, 2011)
- NOTE: Hank Mills says that the test that produced 200% was in 2004. The latest test produced a 15% gain.
It also shows that Miley produced a 200% gain back in 1997 with nickel beads and light hydrogen.
"There have been thousands of successful cold fusion tests that produce results nowhere near good enough to produce anything remotely
practical [compared to the E-Cat]. This is simply yet another, IMO."
- Rossi: the 1 MW E-Cat will be ready in a few months
(Original in Italian)
- Andrea Rossi denies rumors that more than 13 E-Cat 1 MW have already
been sold and are in the process of delivery; but that indeed many
inquiries have been made. (GreenStyle.it;
December 16, 2011)
- Interesting Crowd Funding E-Cat Test Proposal
- Thanks to all who have made intelligent comments on yesterday's thread about a crowd funding approach to E-Cat testing. It seems there is some interest in the idea, but also plenty of reticence. A recent post by Elias Freitas caught my attention and seemed worthy of featuring in a new post as it sums up the case for a crowd funding approach which I will call
"The People's E-Cat Test".
(E-CatWorld; December 16, 2011)
- Rossi Responds to Consortium Purchase Idea
- It would be a very large undertaking to make this idea work. In
addition to the daunting task of raising funds to purchase the
plant, you would need be able to convince Rossi that you have the
expertise to run it, and a purpose for its use and a place to
put it! As many readers have stated, you would need to have a legal
organization in place to receive funds and run the project, and
professionals who could do the testing all of which would take
substantial funds over and above the purchase of the E-Cat Plant. (E-CatWorld;
December 16, 2011) (and AndreaRossiECat
- On the Hunt For The Catalyst: Open Catalyst Crowd Project Forms to Advance Cold Fusion
- Here is an interesting announcement that was posted on the Vortex-l list from Dutch physicist Bastiaan Bergman who has just launched a crowd-based cold fusion/LENR project.
"I'm excited to announce our newly formed non-profit organization to the advancement of cold fusion.
We are planning an open catalyst project geared towards finding the secret catalyst needed to achieve nuclear fusion in the solid state. The plan is to use the power of the crowd to search and try the many different possibilities in a highly paralleled and fast way. By installing many many reactor-calorimeters in labs of participating scientist all over the world and by sharing all data in a structured way we envision an enormous advantage compared to the individual approach.
(E-CatWorld; December 20, 2011)
- >> FusionCatalyst.org
- Bastiaan Bergman has launched an "Open Catalyst project, to crowd search for the secret catalyst that enables LENR"
fusion: crowdfunding to test the E-Cat 1MW (Original in Italian)
- Frank Acland is proposing that a group of private citizens collect the
$3 million to buy a 1 MW plant and set up a test, to bring the
information about the test and performance into the public. (GreenStyle.it;
December 19, 2011)
- US Military: A Credible Candidate As eCat Customer?
- The following presentation was given by SPAWAR (US Navy) in May 2009. It details some of their cold fusion research to that point and is interesting for a number of reasons. For the scientifically minded among you, I recommend watching the complete video and for those who
December 16, 2011)
- Scam or Cleantech Revolution: Rossi's "cold fusion"
(Original in German)
- In medicine,
the principle "He who heals is right." For
Rossi, the same technology applies: He who produces sustained energy
without the radioactive waste at room temperature, is also right. (CleanThinking.de;
December 18, 2011)
- >> Theoretical Feasibility of Cold Fusion According to the BSM Supergravitation Unified Theory
(by Stoyan Sarg Sargoytchev) - Advances in the field of cold fusion and
the recent success of the nickel and hydrogen exothermal reaction, in
which the energy release cannot be explained by a chemical process, need
a deeper understanding of the nuclear reactions and, more particularly,
the possibility for modification of the Coulomb barrier. The current
theoretical understanding based on high temperature fusion does not
offer an explanation for the cold fusion or LENR. The treatise
"Basic Structures of Matter - Supergravitation Unified
Theory", based on an alternative concept of the physical vacuum,
provides an explanation from a new point of view by using derived
three-dimensional structures of the atomic nuclei. For explanation of
the nuclear energy, a hypothesis of a field micro-curvature around the
superdense nucleus is suggested. Analysis of some successful cold fusion
experiments resulted in practical considerations for modification of the
Coulomb barrier. The analysis also predicts the possibility of another
cold fusion reaction based on some similarity between the nuclear
structures of Ni and Cr. (viXra:1112.0043; December 14, 2011)
E-cat Motor Ready
for Scientific Investigation - Rossi made it clear that his controversial e-cat motor is ready for scientific investigation but only when he gets his patent protection.
[which will be a while] (ECatMotor; December 20, 2011)
- New Years Predictions for Cold Fusion
- 1) Customers will verify that Rossi's E-Cat truly works, 2)
Defkalion will show a working system and enter the market, 3) The understanding of the reaction methodology will expand with multiple ways to make significant CF reactions,
4) There will be multiple fuel and catalyst recipes, 5) While producible results will increase, the push-back from government will stiffen and the year will in in a huge regulatory
quagmire. (NickelPowder; December 21, 2011)
JuJu and Plan X - A rant from Tom Baccei, who is depressed
about the lack of traction cold fusion is getting. (e-CatSite; December 20, 2011)
Fusion For Christmas? - I doubt it. Not this year anyway. However, after a seemingly disappointing period of no significant news regarding the cold fusion saga, mid-December has found this story once again springing to
life. Last week Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney mentioned cold fusion in an interview.
(e-CatSite; December 17, 2011)
vs. the Pathoskeps: All Cheese, No Steel Pathoskep is a word I made up. Somewhere in the wee hours scurrying down paths of knowledge pursuing the White Rabbit, I came across a description of false science, vigorously defended by some dogmatic scientific fundamentalists as
(e-CatSite; December 15, 2011)
- E-Cat History
- Peak E-Cat
- Interest is waning. You can perceive that clearly from the activity of
the various sites dealing with it; while "Google Trends" confirms
that the trend is indeed down. After a flare of curiosity that peaked in
[October 28] 2011, people found that there was nothing to see about the
E-Cat except some purported "demonstrations" that didn't really
demonstrate anything. So, they lost interest. (Peak Oil; December
- FALSE > E-cat Motor Inventor Works
for US Department of Defense - [The following was allegedly
asserted at the Coherence 2011 cold fusion conference held in Rome,
Italy on December 14] Andrea Rossi actually worked for US Department of
Defense since 2008. It was reported that the Italian physicist has
closely worked together with US Air Force scientist Brian Ahern for a
project that was not explained further. (ECatMotor; December 19,
- On December 21, 2011 5:18 PM, Andrea Rossi wrote: "This is totally false. I did not work for the DOD since 2008,
and I never worked with Brian Ahern. Actually, I never met or talked with
Brian Ahern in all my life. Please pass this on to all the blogs who
write these stupidities." [I would have sent this privately but
ECatMotor.com provides no contact info.]
- Interesting Posts at Rossi's Blog
- 1) As December 17, 2011, JNF was partially down. Rossi stated that the Journal had been attacked and was unavailable.
2) Rossi plans to publish the theory behind e-cat and presumably details of its operation when he gets patent protection.
3) He will make e-cat available for scientific investigation when he has legal protection for his invention.
... (ColdFusion3; December 17, 2011) (and ecatfusion
- Other Cold Fusion Competitor News
(Typically also mention E-Cat)
- Energy Catalyzers: Rivals Arise to Rossi's E-Cat
- Cold fusion has been making a comeback this year. The E-Cat reportedly
fuses nickel and hydrogen at low temperatures to release heat energy and
shows that cold fusions isn't as dead as many scientists seem to think.
Impulse Devices, a California based company, is
exploring sound drived fusion. Star Scientific Limited is using a reaction
called a muon catalyzed fusion. The Australian company uses a subatomic
particle called the muon to fuse two hydrogen atoms together. Star
Scientific claims it's working toward "economically and constantly
producing pions, which immediately decay into muons." (International
Business Times; December 19, 2011)
fusion, Francesco Celani was the key of E-Cat (Original in Italian)
- On 14 December in
Rome was held an international conference on cold fusion. Notably absent was
Andrea Rossi , the famous father of E-Cat. Among the more detailed reports
of this conference, we remember those published by Daniele Passerini. Many interventions of great interest, but the highlight was undoubtedly that of the Italian physicist Francesco Celani, which came the echo even in the USA .
December 21, 2011)
- Defkalion's Insider Talks
to Jed Rothwell - "Defkalion asked an independent expert to
contact me and discuss some aspects of the company and their technology.
This person is well known to me and I trust him completely. ... The
engineering and business operations at Defkalion are highly promising.
These people are highly professional. Their science and engineering are
first rate. Their laboratory equipment is first rate. Their upcoming
products are revolutionary. They are the best LENR implementations ever
produced. The expert says the prototype products are consistent with the
specifications described in the web site." (eCatNews;
December 21, 2011)
- Defkalion Opens Doors to
- Jed Rothwell, writing on Vortex-l reports of communication he has had with an
"independent expert" (who for now wishes to remain anonymous) about a lengthy visit made to Defkalion Green Technology's premises in Greece to look at progress made on DGT's Hyperion products.
(E-CatWorld; December 21, 2011)
- Defkalion Ducks Accusations
- There is an interesting conversation on Defkalion GT's forum regarding the accusations from Christos Stremmenos that seem to imply that the company is acting dishonestly. This is important because DGT continues to say that Stremmenos is on their Board of Directors. Jed Rothwell asked them the question
December 20, 2011)
- Received by email:
- General Cold Fusion News
(Typically also mention E-Cat)
Senate candidate Randy Hekman puts LENR first - The Michigan US Senate race includes over half-a-dozen Republicans vying for Democrat incumbent Debbie Stabenow's long-held seat, but only one has LENR on their platform.
Former Juvenile Court Judge Randy Hekman has a long history of association with LENR science. He formed his own company in 1996 to provide energy research and consultation for LENR.
"I am VERY skeptical of Mr. Rossi's work, based on his excessive secrecy and his sketchy background."
(ColdFusionNow; December 20, 2011)
fusion: Shell is interested (Original in Italian)
- E-Cat nemesis, Steven B. Krivit reports that Shell is seriously interested in research on LENR reactions . So, one of the largest and most powerful multinational energy of the planet
will be funding research in this direction.
December 20, 2011)
- SPAWAR Cold Fusion Research At Risk
- According to Jed Rothwell, cold fusion researcher and owner of the LENR-CANR.org website, the US Navy has closed down cold fusion research at its Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command.
December 18, 2011)
# # #
This story is also published at BeforeItsNews.
What You Can Do
- Pass this on to your friends and favorite news sources.
- Click to Tweet: http://clicktotweet.com/_8247
- Subscribe to our E-Cat
- Purchase a 1 MW unit and/or encourage others who are able, to do so.
- Let professionals in the renewable energy sector know about the promise of
- Subscribe to our general newsletter
to stay abreast of the latest, greatest developments in the free energy
- Consider investing in Rossi's group.
- Help us manage the PESWiki
feature page on Rossi's technology.
PESN Coverage of E-Cat
For a more exhaustive listing, see News:Rossi_Cold_Fusion
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 22, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 15, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 8, 2012
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- November 1, 2012
Weekly -- October 25, 2012
Weekly -- October 18, 2012
Andrea Rossi's Black Box -- by Popular Science (PESN; October 16,
Penon High-Temperature E-Cat Test Results Posted (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- October 11, 2012 (PESN)
Weekly -- October 4, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 27, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 20, 2012 (PESN)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- September 13, 2012 (PESN)
2012 E-Cat Conference Report: 1 MW E-Cat Ready (PESN; September
September 9: Andrea Rossi Q&A, Panel Discussion, Interview
Gives Third-Party Test Results from Hot Cat
Weekly -- September 6, 2012 (PESN; September 6, 2012)
E-Cat Conference in Zurich (PESWiki;
August 31, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 30, 2012 (PESN)
A Barrel of a Hundred High Temperature E-Cats (PESN;
August 30, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 23, 2012 (PESN)
Existence of 1,200C E-Cat Test Report Confirmed (PESN;
August 22, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 16, 2012 (PESN)
about Hot Cat Test Data Leaker (PESN;
August 13, 2012)
Stunning Third Party E-Cat Test Report Details Leaked During NIWeek (PESN;
August 11, 2012)
LENR-to-Market Weekly -- August 9, 2012 (PESN)
Mainstream Coverage of Fleischmann's Death Mentions Nothing of Technology Nearing Marketplace (PESN;
August 8, 2012)